migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting supplement I am going to try out

5 posters

Go down

Interesting supplement I am going to try out Empty Interesting supplement I am going to try out

Post  tdu Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:57 am

Right now I take the following supplements to help with migraines. You can see my past posts to get details, but I have had what I consider successful results with with this regiment. In summary, I have seen a definite decrease in frequency of migraines, and the ones I have are much easier to treat.

CoQ10
Feverfew
Butterbur
B2
Magnessium

I order all my supplements, along with my general multi-vitamins, from iherb. No affiliation with the site, but I have dealt with them for 2 years now and have been thoroughly pleased with them (especially their reasonable shipping rates to Canada, and the variety of good brands they carry). Anyway, I just noticed a new product on their site that combines almost all the supplements I take into one supplement, with the added benefit of Tumeric and Ginger:

http://www.iherb.com/Nutra-Origin-Migranalief-Headache-Migraine-Formula-120-Capsules/24251?at=0

Now, I have been following my other supplement regiment for close to a year at this point. So I am leery of trying tweaking it at all, but the idea of one supplement is definitely appealing. I personally think it takes a good 3-4 months minimum to see results from a supplement regiment. So at this point, I will likely be monitoring myself to see if anything gets worse. If it does, I will be back to my old regiment.

Anyway, I just thought those of you following a similar supplement regiment might be interested.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Interesting supplement I am going to try out Empty Re: Interesting supplement I am going to try out

Post  tinalouise Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:14 pm

I had a doozy of a aura/migraine 2 months ago so I started taking Calcium, magnesium and zinc and knock on wood I haven't had another as of yet. It my be the magnesium or it could be just luck. Only time will tell but I will have strong bones either way..lol

tinalouise

Back to top Go down

Interesting supplement I am going to try out Empty Re: Interesting supplement I am going to try out

Post  dncr4180 Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:39 am

I think it is great that this comes in a combination pill. I can't tell you how many different supplements I take daily. The only thing is that I take a higher dose of coq1 so I would have to take additional pills. Thanks for the info!
dncr4180
dncr4180

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 am

tds - What dose do you take?

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am

I find that you can buy the supplements cheaper then this pill. It's 40.00 plus shipping for just a one month supply. I get my individual ones much cheaper. If the migrelief came a bit cheaper I'd buy it.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  tdu Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:46 am

The cost is not the main issue for me. It's the fact that I have to take so many separate supplements that it's almost impossible to keep them straight and a complete pain organizing them. Especially when I have to go away on trips. I have absolutely no problem paying more for something that combines 80% of the supplements I take into one supplement. Not only will it makes things easier, but I know I will be getting a consistent dose and not missing anything.

I think a lot of other people are probably in the same vote, which is why I thought others might find the link useful.

Also, I am not sure what brands of supplements you are buying, but I easily pay the equivalent cost per month right now with the supplements I am buying. I'd only be paying slightly more for a whole lor more convenience.

estre004. I just ordered this and will be starting it when it arrives. As for the equivalent doses I take currently, I don't have all my pill bottles here so I can't give you exact amounts. I just take the recommended daily amounts, or amounts I have read in threads on here for each supplement.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down