migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

side effect of migraine?

+2
dcook60
HeelerLady
6 posters

Go down

side effect of migraine? Empty side effect of migraine?

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Does anyone freeze when you have a migraine? I had a bad one yesterday and could not get warm. May sound crazy but my feet were so cold they hurt. Also, I can usually use an ice pack on my forehead. I couldn't yesterday as it hurt my head. Does this sound faimiliar to anyone?

Back to top Go down

side effect of migraine? Empty Re: side effect of migraine?

Post  HeelerLady Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:48 pm

I will often flush warm at the onset but once in full swing I get cold. My hands and feet are always cool. It's over 70 degrees F here today and I'm wanting a blanket for my legs.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

side effect of migraine? Empty interesting

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:13 pm

I am the same. But yesterday was very exagerated. Do you have hypothyroidism? I do. Perhaps that also plays a part. I don't know.

Back to top Go down

side effect of migraine? Empty freezing or roasting

Post  dcook60 Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:31 pm

well, i'm often the odd person out in these discussions. so i will just say that in my most hideously painful migraines, i'm too hot.

upon being hauled off to the ER by one or another of my children or friends, i don't wear a coat (in the winter), and want the car window open.

strange, for sure. maybe my body is trying to fight off the pain by heating up? i haven't a clue. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:34 pm

I get really cold - and sometimes shiver. I have my husband pile the blankets on. It is just part of my aura - I know that it is over when I start to sweat under all those blankets!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat May 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Yup, I freeze both before and during the highest levels of pain. I wear wool blend socks all the time, even during the summer. If I'm in the recliner, I have at least two afgans over me.

Only after pain meds have given some relief, do I finally warm up to a more normal temperature, sometimes with flushing.

Sometimes I will put the electric heating pad or a microwavable pad on my back just to provide some additional heat. My dog laying on my feet is one of the best warmer-uppers. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sat May 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Poor blood circulation or hyper/hypo thyroid???
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Mon May 03, 2010 7:23 am

Often stress manifests by drawing blood inward to the core of the body. The extremities feel cold. And severe pain is certainly a stress. I think that this is a normal response. For some of us, learning to relax despite the pain (which is very, very hard, I think) can help us feel warmer. And sometimes makes the pain a little easier to deal with. And I am not saying that stress is a cause. I don't think it is. I think it is a result of our pain.
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Mon May 03, 2010 8:47 am

My feelings of cold occur before the pain begins..........forgot to add in my earlier post that even though I feel bone-chilling cold I am not cold to the touch. Figure whatever part of my brain that goes haywire and causes the aura symptoms includes the part that deals with temperature control.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down