migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please

4 posters

Go down

i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please Empty i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please

Post  sailingmuffin Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 am

Hi All,

The headaches are horrendous right now and I just don't know what to do anymore. The pain is nearly driving me nuts and is certainly making me mad or upset at people. It has been awhile since things have been this bad and I am trying my best, but I am kind of at a loss here. I just don't know what to do.

Tylenol3 helps- I am on about three a day. (For some reason, mom wants me to cut down on this, but I am not sure I can stand that. I know I am a little out of it on it, but more out of it with the migraines.} Any ideas welcome.
The diazepam helps some, but not a great deal.
Distractions that usually help aren't working well right now and about the only break from pain is sleep.

I can push through it to an extent, but that is really wearing me down. It does not help that I just got back from a family wedding and am exhausted.

I am trhying not to go beserk, but that is getting hard to do. (I rarely go beserk, but the pain is just horrendous.} We are waiting to hear about a surgery date to fix the stimulator, so maybe that will help.

I don't know what to do. I wasn't better on stronger meds. The Tylenol3 and diazepam make a dent in it, but not a big one. The zoloft helps some and zanaflex allows me some sleep. Other than steroids or IV depakan, I have no clue what to do and those things only work for a short period of time.

I'd love any ideas, advice, support etc.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please Empty Re: i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please

Post  HeelerLady Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 am

SM,

I don't have any ideas - just know you are in my thoughts.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please Empty Re: i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please

Post  Hal Mon May 24, 2010 4:21 pm

This may sound wierd, but give it a try. Have your mother start cooking you very bland meals. Baked or grilled fish. Green beans or peas. Rice or noodles (some butter is ok, but no sauce). Drink the eight glasses of water a day. The idea here is that you might be eating something that is a trigger for your migraine. Give this a try for a few days, maybe a week. Stay away from all perfumes and smelly shampoo. If anyone smokes in the house, have them smoke outside for a week. If you smoke, quit. Cigarette smoke and stale nicotene can trigger a migraine. No chocolate. No sugar loaded soda. Use scent free soap to wash your clothes in.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

i dont know what to do anymore- vent and help please Empty eliminating triggers

Post  dcook60 Mon May 24, 2010 8:51 pm

i think what hal said, above, is very very wise. my migraines are far more manageable since i eliminated triggers such as stinky stuff (perfumes are made with many thousands of chemicals, NOT from flowers) and have a more simple diet.

i've done this for umpteen years now. one learns to live with the limitations. it's far better than living with the horrendous pain. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Tue May 25, 2010 9:49 am

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your help and advice.

I have done the food elimination thing many times and pretty much know what my food triggers are- any meat with sodium nitrate (bacon, ham, etc.- living in the sounth, this also means there are some vegetable stuff I can't eat.} My only other food triggers seem to be mushrooms, and beer.} I usually eat pretty healthy meals anyway- usually if I can go organis, I do. Still might be worth a shot.

The problem is the fact that the pain is bad due to the fact that the stimulator is broken and without it, I am in horrible pain most of the time.

i did start a course of decadron yeaterday, which has helped a little. I'm also talking to my neuro about another IV of Depakan- but he will probably want me to wait at least a week to get that.

Other than just to keep fighting, i don't know what to do.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down