migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do when you cant stand it anymore?

+2
Paradox
sailingmuffin
6 posters

Go down

What do you do when you cant stand it anymore? Empty What do you do when you cant stand it anymore?

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi All,

I have a horrible migraine right now- definitely the worst one since the stimulator was fixed in September. Anyway, this one has really thrown me for a loop and I don't know what to do right now.

I have taken 2 Tyleonl 3, 2 1mg Klonopin and some voltaren (anti-inflamatory}. Nothing is working. Also the headache makes the fainting worse and it is just maddening. I am doing everything I know how, but seems like it just isn't enough anymore.

On top of all this, I get a little "chatty" from the klonopin and T3. It doesn't bother me, but it drives my mother crazy. So I cant really talk about any of this right now without scaring or upsetting others. I am so tired of this that I don't know what to do.

I am just scared and really sick of the headaches, fainting, and medication side effects that shut me away. I am tired of scaring people, tired of having to shut the world out. I am exhausted. All I can do right now is pray and hope- which is the only thing keeping me going right now. I just wish I knew what to do. I feel like a burden sometimes, but mostly like a monster that has to hide because I am scary.

Soory guys, I just had to vent for a bit. Hopefully, the night meds will kick in soon and tomorrow will be better. I would love any advice or support you have to offer.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you cant stand it anymore? Empty Re: What do you do when you cant stand it anymore?

Post  Paradox Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:10 pm

What do I do? I come here, my friend.

I'm sorry you're doing poorly.

I love you
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you cant stand it anymore? Empty Re: What do you do when you cant stand it anymore?

Post  Hal Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:10 am

Sailingm,

When I can't stand it anymore, I go to the ER and get a shot of some real painkiller. Then I go home and sleep it off.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the support and advice.

Unfortunately, the ER/hospital is out of the question for several reasons. The main reason is that the ER doesn't really help me, my parents would have to take me and I am not at that point yet. If it gets really bad, I will call my neuro to see about an outpatient IV of Depakan, but the headache has to be bad for a baout a week before I do that.

Here is the current plan-
1. the quiet, dark room treatment.
2. Ice packs
3. distractions- right now knitting and star trek voyager seem to help with that. (as long as the volume is down and the room is DARK.
4. Medications- I will probably have to beg mom for more Tylenol 3 and klonopin in a few hours. (I am trying to take very few medications as sometimes it can make fainting worse, so we keep them locked up. I know it sounds strange, but it better for me. If the headache is bad, I can easily get the medication.} If it becomes unbearable, I do have some percocet from surgery, but hate to take that.

So right now, I am stuck following steps one through four.

Any other advice is welcome.

Pain free days,
sailingm

sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Two words: Klonopin and sleep! Sleep
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Poor sailing.
Is the fainting get less?
Are the m's less with the wires fixed?
Had hoped for you that it would be better.
Not good myself lately so all I can say is this whole thing s.....s.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Would a bath or shower help? Sometimes it helps me, and I don't know if it's the distraction as you mention, or if it's the soothing water over my head.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi All,

Thanks again for the words of advice. A bath helped some.

This is definitely the worst headache since the stimulator was repaired three weeks ago. It seems like I am in the midst of one of those bad, incapacitating, please just leave me alone migraines. Dad has already stated that he thinks an IV is in my future. Mom and I are trying to avoid it like the plague. Personally, I am trying to hold out so I can go to the beach with my father this weekend. (For some reason that makes me feel better.}

I have had to take more medicine today than I have in a while- Tylenol 3, klonopin and benedryl every four hours. Looks like I am paying for some good head days. I recently tapered off the bystolic because it wasn't helping the fainting, have gone way down on zanaflex, and way down on T3. This is good, but frustrating, especially as very little helps.

As to the fainting, it has gotten a little better since the stimulator. The medications I was taking for fainting were not working and made me depressed so, on the advice of my dr, we stopped those. Mild excercise helps the fainting as does gatorade, and tons of salt. I am only going down 8 times a day, as opposed to 1O or 12 a day.

Right now, the only thing I can do is take the meds, rest, distract myself like crazy because I have no attention span when I feel like this and go to bed early. Maybe the combo of meds, an ice pack, quiet dark room, and distractions will stop the monster or keep it at bay?

I really dont know what I would do without yall.

Pain free days,
sailingm

In the meantime, the only thing I can do is try to keep going.
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down