migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad M-not sure what to do anymore

4 posters

Go down

Bad M-not sure what to do anymore Empty Bad M-not sure what to do anymore

Post  sailingmuffin Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 am

Hi All,

I have been struggling with a really bad one since just after Christmas. I had a good Christmas, and felt well enough to do one activity on New Years. (Went to see lights at the zoo with a friend and her children. Nothing like seeing the joy on a 3 year olds face when he gets his first train ride.) Still, the headache is and has been horrendous.

I took a course of decadron yesterday and it helped some, but not enough. I have thought about an IV, but it is a little soon- I can only get them every four to six weeks. I had the last one about three weeks ago. I am just not sure what to do anymore.

Today, the only thing I can do is to rest, take some meds, and pray. I already had to cancel my tutoring job this afternoon and have fainted so much that Dora is waiting another day for a bath. Short of begging for an IV or going to ER there is not much else I can do.

I have thought about a second round of decadron. I am just not sure what to do. Neuro probably has the same two answers I have regarding this headache. He is also rarely in the office these days- in the process of retiring. (I know I need a new neuro. My roommate's cousin, who is a neuro and studied under my favorite neuro gave me two names of friends that trained under the same doctor. I may call him, and ask if the best thing would be to give each a brief history and see if they can take me.)

Anyway, I guess the only thing to is to go with the old rest, meds, and cool dark room treatment.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Bad M-not sure what to do anymore Empty Re: Bad M-not sure what to do anymore

Post  mxgo Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:26 pm

SM, have you ever tried an Osteopath for the headaches?

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm

It may be time to try the OR if you think they have something to help you.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela0611 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm in the same boat as you! Have you tried ice packs? Thats what i do, my pcp has also givdn me Ambien so when migraines are bad i pop 2 pills n i sleep it off, i've had this migraine since last friday had an IV of dilaudid, phenergan, benadryl, n toradol n magnesium. 2 days later migraine returns with vomiting, it sucks been in my room with ice packs which helps it numbs the pain! But i still feel horrible and im in tears most days, i dont have a life!

Angela0611

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 am

Hi All,

I am trying another course of decadron. My head is killing me today. I called my neuro's office to set up an IV of Depakan- but that won't happen until early next week.

I took about a 1mg of zanaflex to see if it would help. it is in the kinds making me a little sleepy way. Seriously considering taking a whole zanaflex- 4mg and going back to bed and seeing if that would help.

Other than that, I am going to try the cool room, ice pack on the head, service dog curled up next to me until it is time to take more pain meds treatment.

Pain free days,
sailing
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down