migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please dont let the tigers come. A little bedtime story.

2 posters

Go down

Please dont let the tigers come. A little bedtime story. Empty Please dont let the tigers come. A little bedtime story.

Post  pen Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I am going to sleep now
I do this every night of course. But during the night, the tigers come.
I go to bed with little or no pain in my head, but around 4am they come, and they savage me.
Then I have migraine. They did it Saturday night, (but not Sunday). They did it Monday night, and last night.
I am praying they dont do it again tonight so that I will not have to face the morning in dreadful pain and have to take yet another Triptan.

If I sleep in the daytime the tigers do not come.
The migraines almost never come in the daytime either.
So I hate to go to bed, to sleep, because i know they will come, and what I will have to endure.
Sleep should be good, it should be comforting and cosy. But I fear it.

Where do they come from? Why do they sometimes not???
I wish I knew.
Perhaps I should stay awake all night?
I have tried, but sleep overcomes me.

So I am going to sleep now. I have some pain (I always have some pain).
But it is not too bad, and if it was morning, I would think it was an okay start.

Goodnight. I hope it might be a good morning. (For you too).
Sleep

pen

Back to top Go down

Please dont let the tigers come. A little bedtime story. Empty Re: Please dont let the tigers come. A little bedtime story.

Post  Ivy Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 am

Pen,
I hope that last night the tigers remained in the savana....
Do you sleep in the same place/bed during the night/day?
Have you tried to take something that helps with sleeping before going to bed? Sometimes muscle tensions and/or apnea during the night can trigger migraines. The sleep during the night is somehow deeper than the nap that you take in the afternoon and it's possible that you have a particularly tensed and apnea REM phase. During the day - maybe - you don't enter the REM phase so you get less muscle spasm and tension and you don't go into apnea, too.
Just a confused idea, I hope it makes sense (coming back from a bad week of migraine....)
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Please dont let the tigers come. A little bedtime story. Empty Re: Please dont let the tigers come. A little bedtime story.

Post  pen Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:26 am

Hi Ivy and thanks for responding Smile

No I dont sleep in the same place.
In fact I seldom sleep in the day time at all.
Nod off once in a while if I have had a bad night, but dont awaken with migraine.

Yes I have had quite an assortment of things to help me sleep, both drug and non drug.
Nothing seems to make any difference. If the migraine wants to come, it comes. It seems to be unstoppable.

Also tried different pillows and more/less and no pillows.
Propping myself up. Eating, not eating. Window open, window closed.
And just about everything I can think of to change.

I have no idea. It is depressing. Neuro couldnt suggest anything, but feels it is circadian rhythm or something.

Last night our poor old doggie had a bad tummy upset.
She had us up at least every hour.
I have been awake most of the night, but did sleep/doze from about 7 until 10 in about 10 minute dozes.
But no migraine today. Usual transient head pains, but no tigers. Where were they????

Thanks for your indulgence Ivy...

santa

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down