migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made it to Texas

+2
HeelerLady
alli
6 posters

Go down

Made it to Texas Empty Made it to Texas

Post  alli Thu May 20, 2010 9:35 am

We made it! Our accomodations are great. I'm typing on Sarah's laptop which is not migraine friendly! It is hot and HUMID here. Today Sarah is driving up to Fort Worth to visit with a friend and my MOm flies in tonight.

I think she is going to drive me crazy! She doesn't remember anything I say. She isn't happy that Sarah is going to Fort Worth even though this is our vacation in addition to the wedding. It is her choice to fly to San Antonio instead of Austin where the wedding is. She could have come in with my sister, but no..... Sarah and I are taking advantage of my boss giving us a week at a resort so our plans prior to the wedding are our plans. It ticks me off to be getting grief from my Mom. Ah well.... parents.

So I have all day til my Mom lands tonight. I told her to take a cab from the airport, 4 miles, as Sarah has the car Very Happy Very Happy

My head is so so. It hurt most of yesterday but I was feeling no pain thanks to Ativan and Butalbital. They got me through the flight just fine. I'm a bit achy and am taking it easy today and acclimating. I've got books, puzzles, a pool and air conditioning!
Tomorrow is dinner at the bride's house, with a little fashion show as we all try on the Indian garb Ramani brought back from India. It will be so much fun!! Saturday in the Reception. I found a lovely olive green dress that camoflages my tummy beautifully. And Sunday is the Big DAY!!! We will all be in traditional dress (our outfits from India). THe wedding ceremony takes hours with blessings, costume changes for the bride and groom, and several different blessing, rites etc. We start at about 9ish and end about 3. There are parts when we can wander around, but all in all a long day for the wedding party, bride, groom, and parents. Guests wander in and out and nibble on refreshments. It is a whole different kind of wedding than what I am used to and can hardly wait to see how it all goes.

So I will rest up today. Smile
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Made it to Texas Empty Re: Made it to Texas

Post  HeelerLady Thu May 20, 2010 9:44 am

Glad you made it safe and sound Alli. Smile Now enjoy yourself and hopefully the pain leaves you alone for the weekend.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu May 20, 2010 10:09 am

Yay Alli, so glad you made it without too much of a problem
Keep us posted please.

Pen
Oh warm and humid here...
How is the TN? Not too bad I hope

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Thu May 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks for the update, enjoy!
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Good luck Alli, hope everything goes well and you feel ok.

-mgb

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Fri May 21, 2010 12:11 am

Glad all's going well Alli - sounds as though it'll be an amazing wedding on Sunday.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri May 21, 2010 12:36 am

Hi Alli,
you sound excited and happy!
Enjoy this moment, it's gonna be unforgettable!!!
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down