migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back from Texas wedding :)

+8
survivor
Ivy
tecky
pen
Almostangela
AZgirl
Anna's Mom
alli
12 posters

Go down

I'm back from Texas wedding :) Empty I'm back from Texas wedding :)

Post  alli Thu May 27, 2010 10:37 am

I'm back and the trip was great. I only had one migraine during the whole trip so that was great. The kids were so happy! We had dinner at Bhavana's parents house Friday night and Ramani presented us with our special clothes. I'll post a link to a photo album once I figure out how to do that. We all had such a good time and her family is so welcoming we all feel like one big family now.

Saturday was the reception which was very different than a western wedding. They had assorted family members, the bride and groom, my ex-husband all perform songs. All the Hindu singers sang in their language so we didn't understand the words but the singers were all good. Chris and Bhavana sang a duet in her language which was a huge hit. The guests were all amazed that Chris could sing in her language and do it well!

The bride and grooms parents all made a little speech about their kids and that was very touching. I get very nervous speaking to crowds, but this time wasn't too bad. I got all choked up of course but made it through.

Sunday was the actual wedding. If you think a lot of prep goes into a western wedding.... man you won't believe a Hindu wedding! It started at 6:30am when I blessed Chris. Then we got some breakfast and got dressed. At 9 we started the rest of the ceremonial rituals which go on for hours! We ended it all about 3ish.

It was very relaxed as the rituals are between the bride, groom, and parents. The guests wander around and watch the parts they want. We were all being really good and sitting in our seats until we realized that no one else was. They wandered around, sat on the floor, got up by the alter to take pictures, etc. So it was ritualistic, spiritual, casual, all at the same time.

The only problem I had was edema. The heat and humidity were really hard on me. I swelled up like a balloon! I looked up my meds and both Neurontin and Lyrica can cause edema. My toes looked like little sausages and I had cankles! And my abdomen and face got huge, plus it hurt my skin. After a lot of water, Gatorade, and elevating my legs at every opportunity, I got through it. I carried Gatorade and water bottles with me everywhere once I figured out what was going on.

It was a great trip and I got to see the Alamo and the San Antonio Riverwalk. Keep your purse closed there! I picked up a beautiful black onyx necklace set for a fantastic price. Smile My little memento of the trip. I got a beautiful turquise pendant for Sarah as a memento also. I could go on and on but I won't. I think I need to sleep for a couple of more days to get over the rigors of the trip as it definitely flared up the fibro. And I found out that a hot tub soak will flare the TN after about 5 minutes. Sad It felt great until then so I did get a little soak for my aching muscles.

So now we just have to prep for the western wedding in San Francisco on June 5. Very Happy
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

I'm back from Texas wedding :) Empty Re: I'm back from Texas wedding :)

Post  Anna's Mom Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 am

Very enjoyable to read your thread, Alli (sorry about the medical problems though)!

My daughter married her love Eddie who is from India (Mizoram). He is Christian and not Hindu. I have a deep appreciation for his culture back home. His family just adored my daughter when they went to India last December for their second wedding ceremony.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Thu May 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks for your update. That is a nice picture. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Are you going to the San Francisco wedding?
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Thu May 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Alli. I was wondering how it went. And congradulations. They are such a beautiful couple and its so good to here how welcoming everything was.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu May 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Thank you... The San Francisco wedding is the local one for me and the rest of my family is going to be at this one. It is kind of fun to do two weddings but also a lot of work!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm

alli wrote:Thank you... The San Francisco wedding is the local one for me and the rest of my family is going to be at this one. It is kind of fun to do two weddings but also a lot of work!

But Alli, flushed with success!!!! Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu May 27, 2010 3:15 pm

It sounds so wonderful, Alli! I'm glad you felt well for a good part of the time and were able to enjoy the ceremonies as much as possible. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you continue to feel well and don't end up needing days to recover from the trip. Please take care. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 am

hi Alli,
I was thinking of you yesterday!
Glad to hear that the wedding went well and that migraine hit only once Smile
I can't wait to see the pictures, the one that you put as avatar is so cute Smile
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Fri May 28, 2010 4:49 am

Alli, I am glad to hear things went well for you. Looking forward to the good time you will have at the SF wedding.

I was in San Antonio a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed the River Walk. It was October then. Nice weather.

My best friend's brother married an Indian girl. Wait till you have grandchildren and they have naming ceremonies. Shelley said they are fantastic.

Rest up for the next one.

Take care.

Mary

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Fri May 28, 2010 11:35 am

Sounds such a lovely and interesting wedding. Sorry you didn't feel brilliant but glad the migraines weren't too bad. Love your picture.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Fri May 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Alli,

Glad you had a good time at the wedding. My cousin married an Indian fellow. They had a Buddhist wedding in New Orleans and then a reception in India. I didn't go to the ceremony but I saw the beautiful clothing and henna tattoos in pictures.

I wish your son and his bride many happy years together.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun May 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Looks like a fantastic wedding!
Sometimes in our parks I see Hindu couples taking photographs for their wedding albums. Their outfits are so beautiful, so colorful. Just awesome!

I'm glad you had good time at the wedding. Can't wait for the piccies. Don't forget to show your Onyx necklace, too
I love Onyx, too!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:03 pm

You look so beautiful..your wedding sounded so lovely.

Thank you for sharing pictures with us. Very Happy
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down