migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital

5 posters

Go down

I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital Empty I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital

Post  TheBookworm411 Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:05 am

Dr. Saper actually does rounds every morning and he is jolly and funny like a santa claus. I love him. He is so attentive to every little hurt and pain I got besides the migraine.

My protocols were originally Benedryl/Thorazine but after about 5-6 days I said they weren't doing anything for me. Then he put me on Norflex/Magnesium. The Magnesium made my guts REALLY unhappy so he took me off of that. I started having some 0 days. Yeah!!! So Norflex will be an abortive for me. I think my preventatives will be Zanaflex, Prozac, Welbutrin, Prilosec, Diazapam, Baclofen, Klonopin, Nortriptan?sp, Inderol, Trazadone and another one or two I can't remember. They will be in small doses. My abortives will be Toradol, Isometheptine, Baclofen, maybe flexoril. That's all I can kinda recall by memory. I also had 2 nerve blocks in the base of my skull that have pretty much taken away the pain in the base of my skull. I also got a cervical facet block in 2-4 cervical nerves which is actually 6 shots deep into my neck into the cervical disk nerves. I pretty much don't have any neck pain anymore either. I feel like I've been magicked.
TheBookworm411
TheBookworm411

Back to top Go down

I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital Empty Re: I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital

Post  Paradox Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 am

YAY BookWorm! cheers cheers Happy feet for you!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital Empty thanks for the update

Post  lentils Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:47 am

more cheers cheers !

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Glad you're having some "0" times....Wonderful!! I hope you have continuing success.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital Empty i'm at mhni / chelsea hospital

Post  dailyha-rose Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 am

wonderful news about the nerve blocks.

hope the meds. abortive and preventative work out for you.

thanks for the update and hope to hear more from you when you can update us.

rose sunny

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital Empty I'm kinda all better

Post  TheBookworm411 Tue May 11, 2010 2:53 pm

I have been back from MHNI for a little more than a week and I have had mostly 0 days. Last Saturday I had to go to the emergency room because my head hurt like hell but it wasn't my usual migraine. A couple of days after I got home I noticed a huge bubbly rash on my back. Went to my Dr and she said I have shingles. Now I have shingles all over my back and right side all the way down my leg that hurt really bad. Plus it gives me a headache. Neato. I was all excited to be a normal person and do things because the sun doesn't bother me anymore but I can't go out in public because I would have anyone chicken pox who hasn't had them especially unborn babies. They would get chicken pox then a couple months later shingles. I can't do that to a baby. I also can't see my son. He hasn't had chicken pox and I showed him my shingles on skype and he was horrified. But we really miss each other.

But the good news is they figured out a cocktail of medicine for me that manages my migraine really well. I have to get used to it cuz it makes me really sleepy but dr said he thinks I'll be able to go back to work end of May beginning of June part-time.
I would reccomend MHNI to anybody. They all put so much effort into making every patient better. But there is the harsh reality that they have to send people home that they can't help. But its usually people who have other problems like this guy who got a lumbar puncture 5 years ago and has had a bad migraine ever since. He can't stand for very long cuz that makes it worse. There was another guy with a football injury to his back that was causing his migraines and I don't think they were able to help him. But all us ladies who just had migraines and neck pain and stuff. We were all managed down to a zero and sent home. Its a great place. If anyone is considering going there I can tell them more details.

-Debi :-)
TheBookworm411
TheBookworm411

Back to top Go down

I am at MHNI / chelsea Hospital Empty I love to hear good news

Post  lentils Tue May 11, 2010 4:09 pm

It's great that you're still feeling good and going back to work. That is my goal. Sorry to hear about the shingles, though. It's always something!

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down