migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need to whine - Car accident this morning

+6
Brenda
alli
Almostangela
Paradox
tecky
Ivy
10 posters

Go down

I need to whine - Car accident this morning Empty I need to whine - Car accident this morning

Post  Ivy Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:45 am

How to begin well a week-end.

This morning, I crossed the dummy with his super SUV car that every morning has to drive fast in the middle of the road and oblige others to stop or steer on the right as much as possible. I live in a residential area where the streets are isolated and narrow.
Normally, I avoid him but this morning it's snowing and I crossed him in a narrow curve.

My instict made me steer as much as possible on the right. I hit a gate and now my poor car has a quite bad damage on the right door.....

Of course, the dummy has fast run away so I don't even have his plate to go to the Police.... Sad

I'm angry at myself because I should have not tried to avoid him. I should have had the courage not to steer and let him hit me. He should have paid for the damage. I guess that the instict won.

Geeeh...this is the last thing that we needed right now. We just had a major problem with the heating and had to spend 1,000 dollars to fix it. Now it will take at least 1,500 to fix my car pale
My hubby tried to console me over the phone, but I feel guilty all the same Embarassed

Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

I need to whine - Car accident this morning Empty Re: I need to whine - Car accident this morning

Post  tecky Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:30 am

I'm sorry Ivy..... What a rotten way to start your day.

Be thankful that you're okay (you are aren't you?). Things (cars) can be replaced but people can't. I'm thankful it wasn't any worse and that you're able to post about it.

Take care and I hope the rest of your day is better.

Becky I love you
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

I need to whine - Car accident this morning Empty Re: I need to whine - Car accident this morning

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:59 am

No, Ivy, you were correct to take evasive action.

My BIL is a state trooper. He was talking to someone who said "But, I had right of away!"

My BIL said "well, there's always the option of being "dead right"".

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:18 am

My heart goes out to you Ivy.

3 weeks ago I was rearended in my little Ford Focus by this woman at 5:30 am. She phoned her husband, and I got her insurance information, and just as I was about to leave, he showed up in his big fancy SUV and totally flipped out on me. He started yelling and screaming that we had no witnesses and there was no damage and when we tried to leave he grabbed my boyfriend out of the passenger seat and Jim got out and grabbed his collar and threatened to punch him, then the woman and daughter started screaming assault and called 911 and started yelling that Jim was beating up her father. Then the man ran to me and started yelling in my face that he was going to sue me. They continued to yell into the 911 phone like we were killing them and Jim went to sit in the passenger seat to wait for the police and the daughter started to beat on him (Jim is a big guy!) and the husband got on phone and started yelling that we were trying to escape the scene.

So the police officer arrives and the woman says 'I didn't hit them" and I say, then why are we here and have exchanged insurance, and I say it was all fine and we were ready to leave until the husband drives up and starts yelling and grabs Jim out of his seat. The officer tells the family to walk a distance away, takes my statement, looks to see that in fact there was marks to where there was a hit, and sends us away and says there will be no assault charges by them.

I was going through a major depression at the time and this sent me into a 8 day migraine attack, and I don't think for the slight rearender, but for the stress. I was waiting day by day to get a letter from a lawyer by this insane family. You know what! they live just around the corner from me and I see that SUV every day!

I know it is city life, but ENOUGH ALREADY.

This too shall pass, girlfriend. One day at a time.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 am

I'm so sorry you have to deal with a car accident. Just be thankful you weren't hurt. I've been in two where I was hit and injured. That sucked! Property damage is always easier to deal with than injuries and property damage. Unfortunately either event triggers migraines cause the darn accident stressed the heck out of us. Talk about adding insult to injury!

I'm glad you are ok.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm so sorry this happened. It's good that you did take evasive action though. If you hadn't and he had hit you, you could have been seriously injured or killed. I'm glad it was just a gate you hit. I am sorry that you have to go through this right now though. Sad
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Howdy Ivy

What a GREAT husband you have landed for yourself! Handsome, charming, AND supportive of his wife when she wrecks the car! I just love how you are living proof that it is worth the wait to get the right man.

I am also REAL happy that you are OK. As to the license plate, you know this vehicle ... get it later and file a police report. Get his name and address and sue him in your version of small claims court ... it is free and kind of fun to folks like me. Tell you what, Thom and I will come over and I will represent you and that TERRIFIC husband of yours in court. LOL
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:53 pm

True about evasive action! If you think of the dynamics of accidents, when you hit another moving object the force of that object intensifies the crash. Something to do with crazy physics (I failed chemisty miserably so therefore never made it to physics..LOL). Chances of you spinning out or flipping your vehicle are MUCH higher when you hit a crazy maniac who is speeding then hitting a still fence. I know it sounds nuts but bear with me. (I learned in defensive driving course and drivers ed.)

Think about oncoming crashes. One car travelling east is going 30mph. The other car driving west is going 30mph, too. When you crash, the impact is a 60mph hit, however if one car was going 0mph and the other was going 30mph, the impact would only be 30mph.

It doesn't take much to flip a vehicle, one of my friends had flipped hers only driving about 40mph and breaking!! It wasn't an SUV either, it was a Nissan Sentra. The way the other car clipped her was just right and sent the car off. Thankfully she walked away with minor injuries, but still any injuries are just no good and she is still mentally scarred from the accident.

I know its frustrating and that guy is sure an a*&$@!# but I'm so happy you aren't hurt and your instincts led you in the right way. Please don't regret your decisions on the road because you truly made the right choice. I love you

PS. Richard has it dead on. Take pictures of him driving erratically on different days with a camera that has a datestamp. That'll help firm up your evidence! Make life exciting!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:16 am

wow Ivy! how scary! and upsetting.
But I am glad nothing has happened to you!
and I hope sooner than later you'll nail this jerk.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

I need to whine - Car accident this morning Empty whine all you want

Post  crt Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Ivy,

I am sorry about the accident. I hope everything turns out OK.

You might want to check out our newly formed Migraine, Inc., the home of the $4.00 hit. Smile

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:19 pm

lol!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:49 am

Hi guys,
thank you all for your support Very Happy
On Friday night we saw a couple of garages for evaluations. It seems that I can fix the car with 700 USD max. I feel better.

Have a nice day!
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down