migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

+23
alli
Anna's Mom
kimsmom
Hal
Brenda
tecky
pen
lesherb
crt
Almostangela
Paradox
estre004
ajr
Ivy
dizzyflower
LizzieB
CluelessKitty
LG
Ruth
marion
Stillhurtin
HeelerLady
Cindy*W
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. Empty My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

Post  Cindy*W Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Please if you will, say a prayer for my son Coleman.

He just turned 20 last month and was involved in a bad accident this morning.

The truck he was driving was side swiped by a van, went off an embankment, rolled several times and he was ejected from the vehicle.

He has a broken collar bone, two fractured vertabrae(sp), and both his lungs were punctured so he has two chest tubes in right now.

Also the doctor told me that all his ribs in the BACK are broken.

He said that he had to have sustained alot of trauma because the back of the ribs takes alot to break.

He says they hardly ever see that happen.

When I talked to him a couple of hours ago, he was having some difficulty breathing and was in terrible pain.

They couldn't give him any pain meds until they decided whether or not he would need surgery.

When I talked to his step mother an hour ago, she said the doctors had decided he did not need surgery, and had just given him some pain meds by IV so he was sleeping finally.

This is so hard on me because he is my baby and this is the first time he has ever been hurt like this.

Also, I am 9 hours away because he has lived in the same town with his Dad for the last 2 years or so.

God bless his step mother Shannon, she has stayed right there with him and kept me in the loop as to what was going on with him.

The Doctor said they are keeping him in ICU mainly to watch his lungs because they are bruised and they have to make sure they stay inflated.

I got the news at 5:00 this morning and couldn't stop shaking for an hour.

Also I have been doing alot of crying which isn't good for my head.

I wish so much that I could just get in the car and go, but the doctor says he thinks he will be fine, just alot of healing ahead of him.

Thinking I will go when he gets out of the hospital and stay a week to help take care of him.

I get along great with my Ex and his wife.

They have their problems, but especially step mom has been there when he needed her.

He has put them thru some rough times too.

I feel so helpless right now.

Just want to hug him and tell him everything will be OK.

Thanks for your prayers.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. Empty Re: My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

Post  HeelerLady Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Will add you and your son to my prayer list. Hope he has a speedy recovery with no complications.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. Empty Re: My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Cindy,

I am very sorry to hear...I'm wishing a full and speedy recovery.

If you feel like you need to go soon, I think it is ok to go--as long as you can go safely.

Best wishes!
-mgb

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh Cindy!! As a mom I JUST can't imagine!!! Sad
please take care of yourself. You are both in my thoughts and prayers and I'm here if you need to talk!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:36 pm

By the sound of the accident I think your prayers have already been answered - he's alive and will recover. Sounds like his guardian angel was working overtime.

Lots of sweet tea or coffee for you till you get over the shock.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Dear Cindy,

I can so feel your pain and worry, having two sons myself, one of whom was recently in the hospital for health problems.
I can't imagine being so far away from him, but it's great that you get on with your ex and his wife, and that they are keeping
you up to date as to what's going on. I'm praying for you and your son.

When my son was in hospital after having two seizures in the night, I was at his house watching their kids, and I couldn't stop
shaking either, I think it was partly worry, and partly shock and not knowing what caused them. He's still waiting to see a neurosurgeon
to see if he can have this Cavanoma removed from his brain. Sorry I didn't mean to steal your post, but from one mother to another, I know
how you are feeling.

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

Please keep us posted, I'm sure he's in really good hands in the hospital.

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

I'll be thinking of you and your family. Please keep us updated if you can to let us know when he is back home and out of ICU. If you need anything, don't hesitate..

I love you
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Cindy, your son will be okay in no time!
Everything will heal beautifully, and he will be as good as new!
Praying for him, and for you, too so you will get through it with as little anxiety as possible.
hugs,

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:16 am

Cindy, thinking of you at this moment. So great your son has such loving support. My son's also 20 - I do feel for you.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. Empty My son was involved in a bad car accident this morning.

Post  dizzyflower Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:23 am

I'm really sorry to hear this has hapenned and will be thinking of you.

best wishes

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:23 am

Thanks God he's alive. Such a bad accident must have been scary.
I'm glad that he does not need surgery and I'm sure that he will recover soon!
Take care I love you
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:28 am

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. So sorry to hear about this, I can't imagine how upsetting it must be for you. Thinking of you all.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 am

I'll be thinking of you. I have 5 kids and always worry about things like this happening (and have had my share of scares). He is alive and will recover and this will just be a distant memory. If there is anyway you can go and be with him, I think it would relieve your anxiety. It must be hard being that far away. Keep us updated, and take care of yourself.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:50 am

Thank you so much to all of you for your love and support.

Dear Ruth, I am keeping you and your son in my prayers. I just know that he will be OK.

My son's guardian angels were definitely with him yesterday.

I am so thankful that he is alive and that the injuries he has should heal and be Ok.

I talked to him this morning and he is in such bad pain.

They are giving him Percocet (one every 5 hours) but he says it just isn't touching the pain of his broken collarbone.

He isn't able to sleep due to the pain. He said they did give him some morphine last night in his IV and he was able to sleep for at least a few hours.

Told him to tell the Doctor exactly what he was telling me when he comes in this morning.

He says that not only does the Percocet not touch the pain, but instead of making him sleep like he needs, it is making him feel like he needs to move around and of course he is confined to bed. They even have his legs tied down.

I know that Percocet does make some people feel that way. He is also ADHD so I am sure that doesn't help.

I am hoping either the Doctor will change him to a different pain med or give him some Xanax or valium or something to calm him and let him sleep.

He is scared and I know he wants me to be there.

My hubby is out of town for a couple of days, but when he gets back I am leaving to be with my son.

Thank you so much to everyone for your prayers and support, I can't express to you how much it means to me.

I will keep you updated on how things go.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:23 am

Cindy,

I'm am SO sorry! Every mother's nightmare.

Unbelievable that they are only giving him one percocet every 5 hours! That wouldnt even beging to touch the pain control he would need. But, then again, they may not to much sedation due to the lungs. I'm just hoping they have a good reason for not giving him adequate pain relief.

My thoughts and hugs are with you.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

My son is 20 also. A mother's worst nightmare. Thank God he is going to be okay. My younger brother died in a car accident in his early twenties and I still feel the hit of that as I pleaded with God to reverse it.

He's going to be okay. Phew, but holy crap, I'm there with ya, prayers and all. Now onto the healing for all of you.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. Empty accident

Post  crt Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Sending prayers and healing thoughts to both of you. The poor guy. I know how much pain he's in. Hoping he'll heal quickly.

Hugs,
Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Cindy,

I am so sorry to hear about the accident but very happy to know your son is alive and in good hands. As you know, I am very sympathetic to your being so far away from him. I hope you are able to be by his side, soon.

Can you speak with the doctor or perhaps to your ex or his wife? Maybe they could talk to the doctor about his pain and needing something stronger.

Wishing you comfort in this upsetting time,
£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Cindy, I only just saw this. I do hope you get some good news.
Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Oh, Cindy, I'm so sorry. Sending prayers up for your son and your family now.

I know how hard it is to deal with life when your "baby" is involved. There will be much worrying and concern until he's stabilized.

Please take care.

Becky I love you flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Cindy don't forget some pain is good pain. Not like unexplained pain of m's. It tells you where your hurt and reminds you not to do things you shouldn't.
It also lets the doctor's know where to look.
So deep breath, you'll be with him soon - he'll be wonderful before you know it.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Thank you everyone for all your posts.

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you all.

After talking to my son this morning and hearing the pain in his voice, I talked to his step Mom and she talked to the doctor when he came in.

They changed his meds from the Percocet to Hydrocodone and upped the doseage.

They are also allowing him a dose of morphine in his IV for breakthru pain.

I can't believe the difference in his voice now.

They let him get out of bed this afternoon and take a shower with a lot of help.

He said he could not have done that without the change in pain control.

He told me this morning that he moved his shoulder last night and there was a pop sound and the pain became worse.

He told the Doctor about it so they scanned it again.

They have discovered that his shoulder blade (I think) is also broken.

Also, he has kept telling me that after the truck rolled over the first time, he doesn't remember anything after that til he woke up with the EMT's all around him.

One of his nurses told him that on the report, it states that when his friend that was with him called 911, my son was not breathing!

The 911 operator had his friend do CPR on him til the ambulance arrived.

The EMT's found him unresponsive with no cardiac activity!

They had to shock his heart and bring him back.

When I heard that, I almost got physically sick.

I had his step Mom call his pastor who brought some of the kids from his church up to the hospital to visit.

He just has to make some changes in his life and make better decisions.

Wish he could move back here so I could be nearer to him.

Thank you again everybody for caring so much.

It really helps.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 pm

What a nightmare for you, Cindy. You all are definitely in my prayers. I hope he's able to get adequate pain control. Rest is such a big thing when recovering from so much trauma. I hope his recovery is complete and that it amazes his doctors with it's speed. Keep us up to date, please.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:47 am

It is a wonder that he can breath with all of those ribs being broken. I was in a serious car accident when I was in High School. I was a passenger when a tire blew out going over some rough railroad tracks and the driver lost control and hit a tree head on. I was very lucky to only have bruised legs and a cracked shoulder blade.

It sounds as if the truck might have rolled on top of him somewhat to have broken all of those ribs. Very lucky not to have internal trauma that required surgery to repair. I had to have a ruptured blood vessel sown up after a fall. The doc said I had no blood pressure when I was brought in.

I have survived worse, so your son should do well. give him time to heal and don't hug him for awhile. It would hurt. A kiss on the forehead would probably be ok.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:11 am

Cindy,

Your son has been in my prayers and will continue to pray for you both. Such a nightmare for you. A kiss on the forehead sounds like the right medicine. He sounds like he is in good hands and will heal. All my best to you and the family.

Hugs to you Cindy!

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next