migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vent, Rant, Whine

2 posters

Go down

Vent, Rant, Whine Empty Vent, Rant, Whine

Post  AZgirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Just ignore me if you want.

I'm just sad, frustrated, and fed up with the whole pain thing. At one moment I think "Why me?", but then I think "Better me than one of my daughters". I don't even know what my point is in this post. Just wanted to share that I'm feeling bummed and sad.

I don't see my neuro again until late next week, but I want to get different meds. Something that works. I have been on twice-a-day slow-acting oxycodone since late July I think (early August?). It helped for about 4 weeks. Now it doesn't help anymore. I don't really want to increase the dose. I'd rather just get off of it.

I'm supposed to be losing more weight so I can get the shunt out, but I haven't been able to lose any weight in the last 2 months. I've stayed the same. I have increased my exercise, so you would think I would have lost weight. So it must be the nortriptyline preventing me from losing anymore. Another reason to get off the dumb meds. I'm watching what I eat, and I'm exercising. Why can't I lose weight? I'll never get the shunt out at this rate.

But then, do I even want to get the shunt out? That's a whole other issue I'm struggling with.

Too much to deal with. Just need a break. Pain go away.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Vent, Rant, Whine Empty Re: Vent, Rant, Whine

Post  Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:16 pm

i know how you feel AZ.

it's tough when the meds you need to take really cut into what you need to do to get better.

going through that process myself.

did a minor adjustment to my diet (diet is very good to begin with), started riding 4-5 miles on my ex. bike 3-4x a week, and lifting weights.

i lost 2lbs over 3 weeks. argh. the worst part, i feel more tired, weak, and have a lot more chest pain. my heart is physically not happy about this stuff.

you have a lot of company here. all of us are stuck on stuff that we'd rather not be on, but we have little choice.

good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:37 pm

A co-worker just commented that I looked "peaked". Yup, I'm in pain and more and more that means nausea and full fledge vomiting. Yet my insurance company has decided that I only need 9 zofran a month, rather than the 30 that were prescribed. Jerks....

I can't afford the $65 a pill the pharmacist said it would cost w/o insurance.

I would actually feel better at this point if I did urp, but then the pain pills would go too...yes, our lives stink today....

silent
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Now come to find out my medications are going to cost me over $500 for the next few months due to insurance issues, the stupid weather here is still ridiculously hot and I'm tired of it, and we think the renters in our rental house are smoking inside the house. Things are just wrong, wrong, wrong.

(No offense to any smokers here, but they were told up front they could not smoke inside the house, and we know for sure they are smoking in the attached garage because I have seen them doing it)
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down