migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But stupid is forever

+7
hpilgrim
crt
LG
CluelessKitty
MaryAnneLive
Brenda
Paradox
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

But stupid is forever - Page 2 Empty Re: But stupid is forever

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:47 am

don't worry sweetie I WILL WARN YOU if I ever will want to post a piccie of a spider, no matter how cute it is Smile

(man I'm so itching right now!!!)

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:04 am

Tarantulas freak me too and they say 'face your fear and it will go away'. That's a lie!

When I was 20 years old and broke, some coworkers said I wouldn't be able to let a tarantula crawl up my arm for $100.00. I took them on and let the thing go up my arm. I was able to pay the rent that month, but I still can't stand the things.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 am

Ya know as crazy as this is, I am that way about crickets. I HATE them.. them jump unexpectedly and are uuugly! I usually scream and run out of the room. My kids get a huge laugh out of it. I can handle just about any other bugs, mice, lizards, snakes... but crickets!..... eeeeeeewwwww!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:16 am

AlmostAngelea, they'll have to up the ante alot more than that for the shots...but, if the price was right...How brave of you!

Bugs and critters don't bother me in the least.

My Mom was so phobic about snakes she would turn pale pale and queasy if she saw one on TV! We lived out in the country and my Dad was out of town a lot so if snake even came close to the house I was, at a pretty young age, sent outside with a sickle to dispatch it. In many pieces. Charlotte, the Snake Slayer.

Hubby hates snakes too. We were walking one time and he saw a snake. He screamed very loudly like a girl and then PUSHED ME towards the snake so he could get away! He's never lived that down. He also gets harassed because if he sees one on the road he involuntarily lifts both his feet off the floor board. Hysterical. Especially when it turns out to be a stick. Razz

My main phobia is needles in the back, and I'm moderately phobic about driving on bridges over water. I CAN drive over them if I have to, a couple years ago my son and I went to San. Fran. and he was too young to drive the rental car so I did the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate, but I white knuckle it the whole way.

On long bridges over water, if I have the option, I prefer to lay down in back seat while someone else drives.

This phobia I believe comes from a bridge we used to drive over all time when I was young. The lake was called Lac Du Mort. I remember asking Mom what that meant and she told me Lake of Death. Gasp!!!! Shocked

Plus, I tend to get mesmermized by the water and have a fear that I will lose control and drive over the edge.

I love walking on bridges...the Golden Gate was great...but driving, unh unh. Guess I'll never be able to drive to the Keys! No

Charlotte

Last edited by paradox on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:32 am

It's okay, I live on Long Island and can't get off of it! I can't drive into the city because I have
a phobia of concrete guardrails! When I got into my DWI accident, I hit the median and flipped
and ever since then I can't drive in the left lane or close to any of those evil concrete things.

My goodness they are scary for me. In NYC most of the roads are two laned and have concrete
medians on both sides, so there is no way to avoid them! The speed limits are 55 and everyone
drives 65 and if you don't drive that fast they get very very mad. I just can't do it. I actually
have flashbacks of my accident. The sound of the crash, the feeling of cold air hitting when
the windows broke open. It has gotten a lot better with time but I don't think i'll ever really get
over it! Crying or Very sad

That's okay, thankfully my husband is REALLY good at driving, scary, but good. I have to
close my eyes and hum the entire way through the city though. Talk about white-knuckleing it!
It makes me really nervous and I can't wait to get out of the state. When we do, I breath a sigh
of relief and thats when vacation starts! Very Happy
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

I have mild phobia of heights.
I hate to stand close to these glass barriers at the malls, and look down. makes me queasy. all kind of rails if it's high up, come to think of it.

I have seen an TV advertisement on National Geographic of this new viewing ? terrace? somewhere in Grand Canyon I think - it's gorgeous, U shaped and the floor's made out of glass,
you step of it, walk about and look down.

I doubt I'd be able to walk on it. crawl, hysterically sobbing and babbling - maybe...

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:17 pm

haha I know your secret now, Risa. LOL

My husband is scared of heights, too. He works for a firework company and was asked to
do a display on the stratosphere in Las Vegas (that rollercoaster hotel thing, I think) and promptly
turned it down! He'd have to be strapped with cables and all that good stuff to do the window
displays and whatnot. Cool fireworks, not so cool because one mistake and he's gonners.

We both agreed he doesn't get paid enough LOL! Laughing
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 pm

I MUCH prefer watching fireworks with my butt firmly planted -strike that -crazy glued! - on the beach!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:13 am

You guys don't know fun. One year hubby was out-of-work and got a seasonal job at the grain elevator. On 4th of July we went to the top of it and watched fireworks from about 4 little towns around us.

On of the only times I've appreciated how FLAT our landscape it.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:33 am

Charlotte, I donno but I can maybe beat your firework experiences LOL! maybe one day his job
will bring me close to your area and we can all meet up and watch them together Smile

I love watching the mortars fire being a step away. It is far too cool. It's this whoooooosh BAM
sound, and then color! Aweeesome!!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:57 pm

CluelessKitty wrote:

I have seen an TV advertisement on National Geographic of this new viewing ? terrace? somewhere in Grand Canyon I think - it's gorgeous, U shaped and the floor's made out of glass,
you step of it, walk about and look down.

I doubt I'd be able to walk on it. crawl, hysterically sobbing and babbling - maybe...

Risa

I found it! Here's a link. http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/skywalk.html

It looks fantastic. I want to go visit and take a helicopter ride and a plane ride while I'm there. Dream on. Financially challenged.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Chris,
You ain't the only one. Smile We can still visit in our dreams!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:53 am

Yes! that's it! great job Chris.
must be awesome view, though.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down