migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But stupid is forever

+7
hpilgrim
crt
LG
CluelessKitty
MaryAnneLive
Brenda
Paradox
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

But stupid is forever Empty But stupid is forever

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Okay, Lady helping me at the pharmacy...you are dispensing heavy duty narcotics to me. When I walk up I'm hunched over in pain, I don't mind you asking me what's wrong (though technically, I think I could be a stinker about it). When I explain that I'm having ongoing back problems and have agreed to have injections in my back even though I'm phobic about needles in my back...Honey, this is NOT the time to tell me all about your back injections and HOW PAINFUL THEY WERE!!!!!!!

At the point when I raise my hand to you and tell you "Please stop, I can't hear this", then LISTEN and STOP!!!! Don't continue on about how if I go in frightened it's going to hurt more.

It's going to take every ounce of my courage to do this, and this woman set me back about 15 paces. No

AAARRRGGGHHHHH.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

But stupid is forever Empty Re: But stupid is forever

Post  Brenda Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 pm

My husband had the injections in his back 3 times. While it wasn't a joyful event, he said it wasn't nearly as bad as he feared and the relief was SOOOO worth it. Please try not to let that woman scare you out of getting help. If you're really nervous about it, ask your doctor to prescribe 1 valium for you to take an hour before your procedure.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 pm

I don't have any experience with back injections. But, my husband is painfully dentist phobic. they actually prescribe him a valium at dinner the night before and one an hour before the appointment. It really helps him. Actually it is the only way I can get him to go to the dentist!

Good luck and I really hope it helps. I try to think about things like that.... the pain is short lasting.. hopefully the benefits will be long acting!!! (a little like labor if you ask me Smile )

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:39 pm

some people, eh?
reminds me how I was scared of labor, in my first pregnancy, and of course had to listen to some thoughtless peeps' 'delivery went wrong' horror story :/

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Oh Risa, that's exactly what it reminded me of!!!

I'm wondering if I go hysterical (not my finest moment) like when they tried to do a spinal tap on me, if they'll twilight me like the other Dr. did?

I am so brave about most things, but am an absolute weinie about needles in my back. (even refused epidurals when I had both my boys).

I can handle injections, drawing of blood, donating blood etc. with no problem, but put a needle by my back and I freak.

When I was young my Mom had several spinal taps. From what I recall both of them leaked and she had horrendous headaches. They also had to do blood patches to stop the leaking.

It is so hard to face an irrational fear! pale

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Charlotte,

I would call you Dr. and communicate your fear and outright ask for twilight. There is no sense in them letting you be so afraid! I imagine panicking while a needle is inserted into your back is just not good. Tell them about the spinal tap and get them to give you something. Or go to a Dr. who will sedate you. They sedate my hubby for a teeth cleaning. They can certainly do it for you!

M
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:26 pm

MaryAnne has a smart thought there. Why go through all that if you can just ask. Your
new doctor seems so patient and willing to work with you. I think he'd be understanding.

Charlotte, people have fears and thats okay. Yours is at least reasonable. I'm afraid of spiders.
It's actually really pathetic. I've knocked on neighbors doors and had them come to my
house and kill a spider. When my neighbors aren't there, I've called my dad at 1am to kill
a spider because I wouldn't go back inside my house until it was dead.

Here he comes, in his pajamas and slippers, fuzzies in his eyes with newspaper in hands, "Now where is the damn thing so I can go back to bed? You know this is rediculous and I'm only doing this because I'm your dad." LOL Embarassed

Needles in your back are scary! I'm sure a lot of people are scared to death of that, and it isn't
unreasonable to be twilighted for it. I'd request it. The worst he can say is no, but at least you
asked. I bet he'd say yes anyway. Like I said, he sounds so nice and reasonable and for goodness
sakes as MaryAnne mentioned you can get sedated for dentistry!!!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

But stupid is forever Empty phobias

Post  crt Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm very afraid of dental work too. My dentist prescribes Ativan and I take one or two before the appointment. Recently I found out that he is very reasonable about nitrous so I've been getting that too.

I like all critters, some more than others. I'm not wild about having spiders crawl on me, but I do enjoy watching them, especially when they're building webs.

We all have our fears, rational or not!

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Did I mention I've been putting off getting a cavity filled for a year? I am terrified, simply because it gives me rotten migraine every time!

And TERRIFIED of spiders (I married a guy who takes them outside for me!)
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

But stupid is forever Empty hummm

Post  crt Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 am

I wonder what it is about spiders that bother so many people. My Mom was like that too. She's totally freak out if she saw one in the house. When I was little, maybe 4, I put a plastic spider on her bed (not when she was in it). She let out a scream that probably woke up most of the folks in the city's cemeteries. She bolted outside and would not come back in until I removed it, even though I assured her it was fake. It was a little kid stupid trick. I had no idea it would upset her so much. I actually felt very badly and never did anything like that again.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:03 pm

They ah.. move too fast and can JUMP!!.. and ah.. they can BITE!!!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:07 pm

ps.
but I am not scared of spiders at all - I am not too fond either,
I will handle some - Daddy Long Legs for example but these scary huge black long legged that scurry so fast and jump up in the air when bothered- YIKES !!! affraid
I will smack them b/c it's impossible to do catch and release.
All the other I can catch and release.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:10 pm

No catch and release! No NO! NO!! affraid

I can't see dead spiders, I can't see spiders at all! Small, big, little or tall. Black, red, brown or
blue I don't care. If they are anywhere around me I flip out. I have an extremely unreasonable
fear of those things. I've had my hubs come home from work to kill one. I don't know why,
or what it is about them that makes me freak out.

I did have a brief hiatus from my fear. I still couldn't be close to them but I did appreciate their
webmaking, and even killed one or two. It was when my husband was working crazy overtime
during the summer and I had nobody else to rely on but myself. Then this crazy big guy came
up to my stoop. I mean, huge. Gives me shivers to think of it. He must have been the size of my
hand. HE JUMPED! Never again have I been able to appreciate or come near spiders again after
him. Eck
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi Charlotte=
I think that woman should consider a career change. How outrageous!

So sorry - too bad her boss missed her comments...

Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

But stupid is forever Empty no barking spiders or any other kind

Post  crt Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:21 pm

lovegia wrote:No catch and release! No NO! NO!! affraid

Then this crazy big guy came
up to my stoop. I mean, huge. Gives me shivers to think of it. He must have been the size of my
hand. HE JUMPED! Never again have I been able to appreciate or come near spiders again after
him. Eck

Well, I guess that ruins my plans of getting you a pet tarantula for your birthday. Twisted Evil

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:35 pm

haha Chris. yeah right. A friend of mine had one of those demon things.
She wanted me to sleep over and I said sure thing. Until I walked into her room
and saw the darn thing. I ran about a mile home no joke. Gross nasty.

Imagine if that thing got out while I was sleeping. Ew. Not fun.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Imagine if that thing got out while I was sleeping

I've heard they are quite cuddly - have soft hair Wink

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:19 pm

not funny.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm

okay maybe a little funny to everyone else.
my husband thought it was tongue
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 am

Oh no...don't fall into this trap...
There are people who love to scare others.

The night before my thyroid surgery, a lady in the room next to mine started to talk about her 10,000 operations and on how she had risked to die because she couldn't wake up from anesthesia.

I told her that I was NOT afraid to die during anestesia, but that I was scared NOT TO FALL ASLEEP...

Well, she looked at me thoughtfully and she told about her liver surgery when she was was half asleep because anesthesia had not worked 100%...

People are fun sometimes Very Happy
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm with the people who suggested valium or being sedated. Why be tormented more than you already are? I remember years ago going to the emergency room with a dislocated tailbone after delivering my last child. The pain was so horrible I was crying. A male nurse came and put his arm around me and said "Baby, there is no pain that this hospital can't take care of". He gave me an injection of morphine and instant relief.

After barely making it through my first MRI, I swore off ever having another one (claustrophia which I had never experienced before). The technician said just ask for valium the next time. I did and it was fine. I'm never afraid to ask for something if it will make the situation easier.

By the way, how did this subject get off on spiders?

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm

I think because we were talking about phobias.

I did a little internet research and it's not unheard of to be "twilighted" for facet injections. Yippee!!!!! Phew, I can breathe a little easier.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:49 pm

not funny.

awww sweetie, let this old biddy have a bit of fun (that's right I finally get to play 'the old biddy' card!)
mind you I was about to post a piccie, too!! but I've stopped myself Twisted Evil

truce??? cheers

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

But stupid is forever Empty me too

Post  crt Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Risa,

I was thinking of posting a picture of a woman petting her tarantula but that seemed unnecessarily cruel to the people who are freaked out by them. We should congratulate ourselves for practicing restraint - this time.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey guys alls fair but man just PM me before you post a picture of one of those things, alright.
Sound good?

Because I am really shockingly scared of those things and I will break my computer out of shock
or run away or scream and wake my husband up, any of which in turn will make him angry. LOL

There is no actual way to describe the way I act when I see one of those things. You'd have to
be here and experience the shock. Imagine the feeling a fish gets when fish sees hawk. Thats me.

Have fun all ya want Risa and Chris, but if no prior warning I'll hunt ya down and scare you! affraid
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next