migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I did something stupid!

5 posters

Go down

I did something stupid! Empty I did something stupid!

Post  lentils Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:30 am

I've been working hard and feeling better and I thought I would treat myself. So I went to a plastic surgeon's office and had some restylane(sp?) and botox injections in my face. Now I have a major migraine and I think that maybe it was caused by the anesthetic (lidocaine). The neuro doesn't use any when he injects botox. Now I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't even get a chemical peel on my face. The restylane got rid of the deep wrinkles, but I don't think I necessarily look any better, so I won't be getting anymore. Has anyone had a similar experience?

lentils

Back to top Go down

I did something stupid! Empty Re: I did something stupid!

Post  Hal Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:13 am

Botox proves that "Beauty is only skin deep" and they don't call it a "vanity mirror" for nothing. Wink

However, those around you probably think you are beautiful the way you are and you really do not need the beauty treatments. Not worth the pain.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

I did something stupid! Empty botox

Post  dawn.binks Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 am

this is interestign as botox is it is being liscenced to use for mig in the uk.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:28 am

Sounds like you did something smart. You realized ahead of the game that a few wrinkles really don't matter and you are smart enough not to get caught in the vanity trap. Beautiful just the way you are. You get a high five.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

Lentils, are you happy with the results of the Restylane? I was thinkinfg of doing this myself. I heard that it suppose to last up to 6 months.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  lentils Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Kate wrote:Lentils, are you happy with the results of the Restylane? I was thinkinfg of doing this myself. I heard that it suppose to last up to 6 months.

Not really, I just look like a 55 year old women without nasolabial lines. If you are younger, it might be more beneficial.

I don't think the botox caused the migraine. It might have been the anesthetic or all of that needle poking on my face.

Thanks for all your responses. I guess you're never too old to learn a lesson.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down