migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ever do something really stupid??

+4
jeselle
Paradox
pen
dailyha-rose
8 posters

Go down

ever do something really stupid?? Empty ever do something really stupid??

Post  dailyha-rose Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 am

yesterday i woke up with a bad M. tried 2 relpax and 1 anaprox by 11:00 am. decided to go outside as i felt my pain level had decreased a lot.

trying the old ignore your pain treatment to try to salvage the rest of the day.

just when i felt like this is a good idea, maybe water my seedlings and try to gently putz around, i turn around as i am walking and walk straight into my hanging bird bath!!!!

jeez, did that hurt. i was stunned and w/i 5-10 secs. had a swollen area under my left eye already turning black and blue.

my triage nurse at my pc clinic was great. told me over the phone what i should do etc.

the rest of the day was spent between putting icy compresses on my face and taking them off. had a very hard time with the simple math of 5 min on and 15 min off.

i can't believe i did this. the bad news is i will have a black eye /shiner for a bit -- the good news is it really took the edge off of my M. for a while. pirat

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

ever do something really stupid?? Empty Re: ever do something really stupid??

Post  pen Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:36 am

Ouch!!, My mum always used to say, come here I'll stomp on the other toe(whatever), take your mind off that one.

Actually I can identify, I walked into my rather heavy bird feeder whilst trying to hang some laundry....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:11 pm

It seems when my back is really flaring, the head isn't bad and vica versa. I think one does overshadow the other.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  jeselle Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:41 pm

I think migraines makes me clumsy. I know that when I have a bad migraine I am more prone to clumsiness. I will work into walls, counters, door frames, you name it.

I think b/c our head hurts our brains are distracted-hence the accidents.

I am sorry you landed a good one.
jeselle
jeselle

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:47 pm

jeselle wrote:I think migraines makes me clumsy. I know that when I have a bad migraine I am more prone to clumsiness. I will work into walls, counters, door frames, you name it.

I do too, and it happens frequently.

The other day, I forgot to close the swinging door on our medicine cabinet. I bent over and stood up and ended up jabbing the outside corner of the door into the top of my head. OUCH!

Pen, my mom used to say the same thing "come here I'll stomp on the other toe(whatever), take your mind off that one."

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Pretty much every day, but I keep trying to do better.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

ever do something really stupid?? Empty all the time

Post  gayle Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:27 pm

all the time I do stuff like that, weird how when we see the pain lift for even a little we think of all the things we want to do!
when I get a shot for pain instead of going to sleep after, sometimes I dont even take my coat off when I get home. I start doing all the stuff I thought I wanted or needed to do. I will get down on my knees and wash the bathroom floor! Get up and think wow I feel dizzy and keep going. The life of a migrainer!

gayle

Back to top Go down

ever do something really stupid?? Empty all the time

Post  dailyha-rose Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 am

gayle,

i cannot believe your post. that was the cause of some fights between my husband and i. i would get home from my primary care and get something to drink. maybe, i should fill the ice tray for my spouse..... the next thing i realize is that i have tried to clean for four hours. something i cannot do more than 20 min. without a break. 2 times that happened and the urgent care graciously gave me a second inj. at night.

never made that mistake again.

emailed him 2 weeks ago and got a snotty email back and went right back to sleep.

we sure do have a lot in common as M. sufferers.

my eye, by the way is even darker and the darkness is traveling down onto my cheekbone (like the triage nurse warned).

next i am told it will be a weird shade of yellow!

rose pirat

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:01 am

If I don't do something like that at least once a day I get worried. On Thur I cut my finger in the exact same spot that I did last Sun. The angle and length was dead one even. It was just getting nicely healed up. My wife told me that only I could pull that off. cyclops
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Pulled one today. Was walking out to the car in the driveway with my nose in a book and didn't notice that the garage door wasn't all the way up. BAMMMM, right into it with the top of my forehead. Then of course jerking the head back. Have a had headache all day, but thankfully not an M.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down