migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid migraines

+3
Ivy
alli
Kate
7 posters

Go down

Stupid migraines Empty Stupid migraines

Post  Kate Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:05 pm

I feel like crap. So sick of this migraine ritual. It`s not just my head but also my stomach that`s upset because of the migraine. I`m really not in the mood for this...

Kate

Back to top Go down

Stupid migraines Empty Re: Stupid migraines

Post  alli Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 pm

I know how you feel.. third migraine in a week. bleah. Hang in there.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:12 am

I understand Crying or Very sad
I'm back from an heroic week-end: 3 days of pain and NO drugs but some tylenol...
I still feel like crap.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  LillianLovato27 Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Day two of the same feeling/symptoms.
blah silent
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

Stupid migraines Empty hi there

Post  Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:56 pm

It never stops. It's bloody exhausting. We all get it. I don't know what to say.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 pm

I completely understand where you are coming from.

Just had a pain shot this afternoon and while I feel better pain wise, I am wiped out and won't be good for anything tomorrow either.

Sometimes I feel like these darn things just allow me no quality of life.

Hope you are feeling better.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 am

I live near a large water resevoir and while the weather is still cold at night, it is helpful to go and sit in the cold wind at night. It is helpful to spend time talking on my Amateur Radio using Morse code. I can do it with my eyes closed and I don't have to talk. The musical rythm is soothing. It helps to go to the shooting range and pretend that the target is my migraine. It onlly helps for a very short time and then the STUPID HEADACHE is back. I just want to give up and quit trying sometimes. I am soo tired of people that do not understand, that do not want to understand and that never will understand.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 am

There are people who don`t want to understand. It`s been my experience that they just don`t want to be bothered by it and don`t care( no empathy).

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  thegirlwithbrowneyes Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Kate wrote:There are people who don`t want to understand. It`s been my experience that they just don`t want to be bothered by it and don`t care( no empathy).

That is so true Kate. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I'm on my 3rd bad pain day this week. My fathers 60th birthday is Easter Weekend and he's never had a party thrown for him in his life, so my Mom and brothers and I have decided to throw him a suprise party. I started the planning before I found out about my hospitalization next week Monday-Friday.

I've been trying to help Mom this week, including two trips to IKEA for drapes and other accesories to decorate the house...If you've never heard of or been to an IKEA you know that it's quite a trip, but I knew my Mom needed help. She's driving me to Curves to work out days that I can because I really need to build up some muscle strength.

I am trying to get a teaching job and I have been volunteering at a Title 1 elementary school, today was my day to go, and I couldn't make it out of bed. I felt so defeated...I emailed the coordinator but there's always that wonder if she'll understand. Does she have migraines? Does she understand how dibilatating they are? My husband offered to call and talk to her, but I felt like that'd be like Mommy and Daddy calling on my behalf.

Do you ever get the reaction "Oh, you have migraines, can't you take something for those?"

Well I be darned, I never thought of that lemme just pop one of those Excedrin Migraine pills the commercials say have been clinically proven to knock out a migraine in just one dose...Oh why didn't I think of that!

The sarcasm has increased as the pain has. So has the cynicism. (SP)

Kate, I'm praying for you!

LL
thegirlwithbrowneyes
thegirlwithbrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Kate,

How is that STUPID MIGRAINE today? I sure hope it is G O N E! My migraines are bad and last for days, but most people on this forum seem to be suffering worse than I do and I know how bad it is for me. Just the fact that you are surviving is amazing to me. You truly are a survivor and I am praying that the good Lord will give you some relief.

There must be a group of people that get baby-migraines that Excedrin Migraine can kill the pain in one dose. Those people do not get real migraines.

God bless,

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Hal , Thanks for asking .My m is on and off today. I have to work this weekend so most likely it will be "on!" LOL...

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support. It means a lot to me.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Well, it`s just like i said it would be this weekend. I`ve got a screamer today.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down