migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating has hurt my head.

4 posters

Go down

Eating has hurt my head. Empty Eating has hurt my head.

Post  pen Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:34 am

I ate lunch. It was some rather chewy bread. It hurt my stupid jaw (I have a problem with it caused by eating ciabatta 2 years ago). It was struggle to chew and hurt my jaw a lot. I gave in and the dog got the rest.

But within 10 minutes I have head pain. It is on the left, which is not my "usual" side.
It is in my outer brow, top of head and in back.

What do you guys think please? Is this co incidence, or have I found a trigger for some of my pain....
Muscular.....

I will probably give in and take some OTC because its an hour now and not getting any better.
Value your opinions please.

Thanks,
pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Eating has hurt my head. Empty Re: Eating has hurt my head.

Post  Johnfd Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Pen,

I've occasionally had pains outside of my eye after chewing particularly hard or chewing gum for ages but these have never actually been a proper headache. I've always thought it was just because of the hard work.

I've heard it said that headaches and facial neuralgia can be caused by a misaligned jaw. Years ago when I was seeing an osteopath (mainly a waste of money as far as my headaches were concerned) he was particularly keen to look into this and said it can be caused by a heavy handed dentist. May be a load of old rubbish but it's a thought .
Johnfd
Johnfd

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Funny you should mention this. On my last trip my neuro I mentioned to him how I noticed I get pain after eating something chewy. Sometimes it develops into migraine, and other times not. He was interested in the muscles on the sides of my head and he did inject some Botox there.

Ate some taffy the other day. Had a craving and was curious if would make my head hurt. No pain. You may be onto something about your M Pen.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Post  dncr4180 Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I can't chew chewing gum for very long or it will give me a headache. I also grind my teeth at night and that can also be a trigger.
dncr4180
dncr4180

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Thank you all for sharing this. It has happened again since I posted.
As if we need another reason for getting a head ache....

Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down