migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your hair hurt?

+4
sailingmuffin
Jewishmother
Kate
Mini
8 posters

Go down

Does your hair hurt? Empty Does your hair hurt?

Post  Mini Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 am

At the moment the hair on top of my head hurts so much, that it feel as if I got one big bruise. I can barely touch, or brush it. The whole top of my head is sore, and sensitive to touch.

It helps a little after I wash it, but soon it starts all over, again.
Does anyone gets this?
And if so, any tips how best to deal with it? It drives me mad. Thanks.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Does your hair hurt? Empty Re: Does your hair hurt?

Post  Kate Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 am

Sometimes I will have certain areas of my head that are sensitive and hurt when I touch it. My hair doesn't bother me. I don't take anything for it.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:31 am

It is my scalp that really hurts..........gets very sore and tender to touch - taking a shower is impossible when it feels that way. What works for me is to have someone massage with lots of pressure the area that hurts - it seems to release the pain. Sometimes it is all over sometimes just one spot. The other thing that works for me is to lay down and put a tennis ball at the base of my head and roll it around - seems to release the pain also.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 am

Hi All,

Yes.

I have a very sensitive head. I used to hate washing my hair or getting it cut at all. My mother says she knew something was wrong with my head from day one because everytime she would bathe me (as an infant) I would be very happy, but as you touched my head, I would scream bloody murder.

I still hate washing or brushing my hair during a migraine. It is very annoying.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Does your hair hurt? Empty Hair, scalp pain

Post  Richard007 Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:08 am

I noticed that with my current migraine attacks, yes the, hair/scalp on my head feels like its very bruised. It is very sensitive to the touch. Its weird, and usually happens right before a migraine attack for me.

With this current bout of attacks, only the right side hurts. it starts in my eye as a ping and grows into a turrent of pain into the side of my temple and shoots into the right side of my neck, applying pressure to my neck and temples, rubbing and the like only eases the pain for a second or two, sometimes it even husts to do that to much.

I find it so strange that once the pain goes, with medicine, it is like it was never there. One minute I am ready to kill myself, then when the medicine releives it, I feel like new.

Richard007

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:00 pm

It doesn't happen all the time for me, but at times, it does. The only thing that helps is standing under a hot shower and very gently massaging the area. I often just go ahead and shampoo it anyway, but washing it or not doesn't seem to matter. I have a peppermint scented shampoo that I use when I have a migraine. The scent seems to help settle my stomach and is soothing to me.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I have found its a bad idea to get a haircut when having a migraine. Very sensitive indeed.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:43 am

Thank very much to everyone who has responded. Once again we have confirmation that this is a very strange condition, which makes us suffer in so many different ways. It is good to know that I am not imagining it, that this is one moree effect, of having to live with M.

Yes, I have also found that washing my hair, especially soaking in a hot bath, does bring some relief from the hair/scalp pain. But this is very bad for my BP, though...
Another problem to deal with, as a result of M.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:48 am

I find that I get that sensation in my "postdrome" stage. If I have it during my actual migraine I sure can't differentiate the feeling over the intense pounding and pain in my head!!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down