migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is just a weird one. Hair.

+7
rajiv123
sailingmuffin
theresae
HeelerLady
Cathy
Ivy
pen
11 posters

Go down

This is just a weird one. Hair. Empty This is just a weird one. Hair.

Post  pen Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 am

It is migraine related, but far from serious. I just wondered if its just me....

When I get a migraine, no matter if I just washed my hair it goes weird.
It changes in texure and totally misbehaves.
I can wash it again (head permitting) it is still the same.
I can try to tame it with spray....it totally disses the spray.
It always happens during the night when the migraine comes, never any other time.

I guess there is some chemical reason for this, and someone will probably tell me.
"Didnt you know that?" But I just think it is odd and was curious.

If it was the only knock on effect...bring it on... cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

This is just a weird one. Hair. Empty Re: This is just a weird one. Hair.

Post  Ivy Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 am

It does not happen to me during migraine, but it does during periods.
It's incredible how my hair becomes totally upward....
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:27 am

This is why I love this discussion forum. No one is afraid to say anything and just throw it out there to see what everyone else goes through! I have some weird things too. I can't say my hair looks weird with a headache (well, any more than usual) but when I have a really bad one, I always want to wash my hair. It makes me feel more comfortable and seems to help a little. Although, I can't stand going to the hairdresser and having them wash my hair and scrub my sclap. Ouch. Maybe there is some reason for the whole hair thing, who knows. Nothing would surprise me any more.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Noona,

That's interesting. I always want to wash my hair with migraine too.(actually I should wash it with shampoo:D )
Well partly because I scare myself going past a mirror, but it drives me nuts feeling as if it hasn't been washed for a year.
I hurt too much to do it, and am so relieved when the Triptan kicks in and I can.
Actually I have just been and washed it today. It feels so much better.
I know that if the migraine returns tomorrow, it will go mad again, but for now it makes me feel better.

I am one that can get some help from my daughter's Indian Head Massage. If it is not full blown migraine yet or recovering.
This moves the capilliarys etc around in the scalp and gets blow flow moving, and I think the hair washing must be a similar effect.

Ivy
It is odd isnt it. I cant imagine what causes this, but given my migraines seem to be hormonal, perhaps the hair thing is another clue. Must ask Linda the other hormonal one.... bom

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:12 am

I haven't noticed my hair doing weird things - it always does it's own thing anyway. I am more aware of it just due to scalp sensitivity and would shave it all off if I wouldn't regret it tomorrow. Sad
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:48 am

In the mornings my hair always looks like its had a fight with my pillow at night, but other than that i havent noticed. geek
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:57 am

Hi All,

My hair does not change during a migraine. However, my head is and always has been extremely sensitive. I will actually scream if someone tries to touch my head during a bad migraine.

Strangely, my head has been sensitive from birth. When I was an infant and my mother was bathing me, I would be fine until she tried to wash my hair and then I would "scream bloody murder." She said she had never seen anything like it- and this comes from a pediatrician and mother of three. One Easter, my mom tried to put a bonnet on just for a short time- I was about two and very unhappy. We have a picture of me and my best friend at the church, in our easter dresses and I am just screaming. It made no sense until I was diagnosed with migraine.
So I can see how it happens. there must be some change to the nerves in the head.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  rajiv123 Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi All,

My hair does not change during a migraine. However, my head is and always has been extremely sensitive. I will actually scream if someone tries to touch my head during a bad migraine.

Strangely, my head has been sensitive from birth. When I was an infant and my mother was bathing me, I would be fine until she tried to wash my hair and then I would "scream bloody murder." She said she had never seen anything like it- and this comes from a pediatrician and mother of three. One Easter, my mom tried to put a bonnet on just for a short time- I was about two and very unhappy. We have a picture of me and my best friend at the church, in our easter dresses and I am just screaming. It made no sense until I was diagnosed with migraine.
So I can see how it happens. there must be some change to the nerves in the head.

Pain free days,
sailingm

Top Dating Websites
Wedding Favors

rajiv123

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:08 pm

After a torture migraine my hair of course looks horrible because of ice packs, etc. I never put the two together otherwise. I do have bad hair days and I don't mean it just looks bad (that's probably because I didn't do anything to it), but days when the texture like you said is just weird--kind of limp and stringey even after doing all the routine primping. I've actually really started noticing that lately. I'm going to see if it coincides with migraine. What the heck.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:49 am

Just to clarify. My migraines 99% come on in the night. So I wake with migraine and totally bad hair.
Now my hair is crap anyway.....very fine, like a bunnny!!! (so I'm told).
But this is as if I have, in the middle of the night, used a whole can of spray on it and then tried to wash it out with oil....

I know that is bizarre but it is dry and itchy but also greasy.....
It happens almost every single time.

I know it is hardly a big problem. I was just curious to see if its just a personal thing.
And also it is a pain feeling like crap and not being able to wash it.
As I said if the pain abates, and I can wash my hair, it makes me feel better.... Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zekses Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:01 pm

My hair is usually a mess during migraine but I blame it on the fact that during migraines I generally either tug at it, pull it slightly or simply rest my hand with them between the fingers. I suppose it takes all the dirt and fat accumulated on the hand and thus becomes greasy, firmer and so on ... that also means I too want to wash hair ... however after the migraine, too painful during it.
Zekses
Zekses

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Yes I do all those things too, so that doesn't help. But initially it happens in the night. I wake with the weird hair.

pen

Back to top Go down

This is just a weird one. Hair. Empty hair during migraine

Post  dizzyflower Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:26 am

My hair feels too heavy during some migraines and tends to look how I feel. I have 3 different shampoos and tend to use a different one when I have a migraine and I feel the need to wash it to reduce the feeling of the weight.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnConnor12 Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:39 am

i too share the issue with you..in morning my hair makes me feel like a moron like a dork...atleast i can hope no one watches me in morning until i get dressed up...lucky on that atleast
JohnConnor12
JohnConnor12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down