migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head pain...

3 posters

Go down

Head pain... Empty Head pain...

Post  Kate Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:30 am

My head hurts...

Kate

Back to top Go down

Head pain... Empty Re: Head pain...

Post  Mini Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 am

So sorry, Kate. How simple, and how difficult it is to say these simple three words. Only we know what this means...Only we know how difficult it is to live with it.
Let's hope, that tomorrow is going to be a better day for you.
Mini
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks,Mini. Still fighting it but I know it will eventually break. Just hope it will be soon.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  willshead123 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi Kate,,

Headache really affects our lifestyle and I guess the things we have to look forward to address the condition is find alternative way of treatment that should start into ourselves.

Here are the information about the triggering factors of migraine I have learned from my personal chiropractor that should be avoided. Hopefully this can help

-Stress may be a trigger, but certain foods, odors, menstrual periods, and changes in weather are among many factors that may also trigger headache.
-Emotional factors such as depression, anxiety, frustration, letdown, and even pleasant excitement may be associated with developing a headache.
-Keeping a headache diary will help you determine whether factors such as food, change in weather, and/or mood have any relationship to your headache pattern.
-Repeated exposure to nitrite compounds can result in a dull, pounding headache that may be accompanied by a flushed face. Nitrite, which dilates blood vessels, is found in such products as heart medicine and dynamite, but is also used as a chemical to preserve meat. --Hot dogs and other processed meats containing sodium nitrite can cause headaches.
-Eating foods prepared with monosodium glutamate (MSG) can result in headache. Soy sauce, meat tenderizer, and a variety of packaged foods contain this chemical which is touted as a flavor enhancer.
-Headache can also result from exposure to poisons, even common household varieties like insecticides, carbon tetrachloride, and lead.
-Children who ingest flakes of lead paint may develop headaches. So may anyone who has contact with lead batteries or lead-glazed pottery.
-Foods that are high in the amino acid tyramine should also be avoided, such as ripened cheeses (cheddar, brie), chocolate, as well as any food pickled or fermented foods.

This is William Shead and I’m a newbie here. Just like the majority of you, I have also suffered from headache that really affects my life.
Just wanted to share this insights. As this forum site looks great and I’m looking forward to have a good sharing of discussion and insights with all of you here.

Have a great day.
William Shead

willshead123

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:13 am

Thank you for your list of triggers, William. It is all sadly quite true.

From my won experince I also want to add another group of triggers (the last thing I've discovered) which are all citrus fruits, oranges, lemons and grapefruits. Also avocado pears, and mangoes and papayas. This is so sad, since I love all these fruits, but cannot have them any more, otherwise I get guarnteed migraine..
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Will, thanks. I've been dealing with m for a long time and already know my triggers. Some triggers can't be helped. Once they start, they take on a life of there own.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down