migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus?

5 posters

Go down

What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus? Empty What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus?

Post  pen Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:04 am

Is it more from migraine......TMJ??? TN? I dont know?

I am getting it more and more....
It isn't toothache. It is pressure which aches.
The dont hurt when I brush them, but can be a bit temperature sensitive.
It comes and goes part of a day....two days ,gone for days.....

Talking to Alli I wonder if I have some neuralgia type problems.
It definitely gets worse with my head.

I feel it in my top right jaw, cheek and down my neck.
I have been to the dentist for similar on the other side of my mouth over and over.
Every time he tells me it is because I am unlucky. He showed me the X Ray.
My sinuses (which don't love me) are almost touching my nerves.

He has never been wrong, it always backs off in time and is usually worse in the early winter and the spring.

However someone suggested it might be an abscess.....this has totally freaked me out....
Yes I embarrassed by that, but I have total dental phobia (for good reason) and never even considered an abscess...
I dont care about the abscess, its the treatment.....

I had one about 35 years ago. I dont recall it being like this, it was bad toothache unrelenting.
But I am now anxious, which is one of my problems.
I do have a check up scheduled for next Friday and was quite happy about just waiting for that.
Now since this abscess suggestion, I cant stop thinking about it.
How stupid is that, but it is how I have become.

One of the reasons I went for CBT......regular posters will recall that saga.

Another migraine day, this is when the tooth pain is worse.

I am driving myself nuts...

Last edited by pen on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus? Empty What is this pain in my teeth?

Post  WitsEnd Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 am

Hi Pen,

I can't really help you here but just wanted to say that you have my sympathies. Tooth ache is awful Sad
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus? Empty Re: What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus?

Post  pen Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 am

Thank you. I would rather have the migraine, at least I know what that is and have medication.
This is freaking me out....

pen

Back to top Go down

What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus? Empty Re: What is this pain in my teeth? My head, or sinus?

Post  HeelerLady Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:41 am

Pen,

I get that but it's totally associated with the dreaded M. For me it feels like someone hit me in the eye (usually right side) with a club and it radiates up to my forehead, back to my temple, down my face and often times into my upper jaw and into a couple of teeth. Just totally miserable. It can last as long as that particular M or can abate and do the moving thing.

Hang in there. Smile

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks Becky. Been going on a month, but not every day and sometimes without the migraine...mostly with...
Just real frit of dentists.....I just want it to let go of my teeth.

Last edited by pen on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 pm

That is always the first symptoms I have is facial/sinus then upper molar pain. From there it went into my forehead.

Just the molar pain I can identify with. It was like having a toothache in every upper tooth.

Hope it goes away soon, it sucks.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Brent wrote:That is always the first symptoms I have is facial/sinus then upper molar pain. From there it went into my forehead.Just the molar pain I can identify with. It was like having a toothache in every upper tooth.
Hope it goes away soon, it sucks.

Thanks Brent.

I just wish the pressure would go. It really feel like something has a hold of it. Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 pm

After I found out my problems were from a blocked maxillary sinus I was able to get a measure of relief with using steroidal nasal sprays and regular nasal decongestants. But it was only until the surgery since long term use of either is not good.

I also hated the pressure more since the meds did not seem to do much for it. They helped the pain aspect but not that over inflated balloon feeling in my face. It felt like a small child was standing on my face with one foot on each side of my nose and both their toes on my forehead.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelsonn Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:51 am

We believe that your oral health is an important part of your overall health and everyone should have the opportunity to maximize their oral health over their lifetime. Carlisle PA Dentists

Nelsonn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down