migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island?

+5
AuntieBubbs
Hal
Richard
Paradox
HeelerLady
9 posters

Go down

Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island? Empty Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island?

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 am

Preface: I woke up extremely sensitive to stimuli this morning and have been random bouts of pain and am cranky. So working from home so not to rip coworkers to shreds for having an irritating voice.

I am an administrator and sort of manage requests for assistance with statisticians. I got a request for assistance this morning from a person (I'll just call him Bob). Bob had a project reviewed with an internal agency (that makes sure that it's ethical and not going to cause unnecessary pain and suffering) and it came back with major issues that need to be addressed. It was reviewed over 2 weeks ago. Bob has requested to meet by Tuesday. This is not going to happen. We have a mandated furlough day tomorrow (which we would all love not to take but it's a downside to working for the State under a dumber-than-a-post Governor) which would leave Monday. This is a busy time of year for the staff and the minimum wait is normally a week - which has been widely PUBLICIZED. I respond to Bob that it's not going to happen and is going to be at least a week possibly two. The DA calls and leaves a voicemail (I get it in email so I can know when I have them and don't have to call to retrieve them). He really wants to meet before Tuesday as that's when the board is reviewing his project and if he doesn't make this deadline, he's going to have to wait until May. So Bob, I'm sorry but your stupid self shouldn't have procrastinated, if you had contacted us when you got notice of the problem, you wouldn't be in a time crunch. And since it is a major issue, you have no idea how long it will take for a statistician to look at so please don't give me an estimate...you obviously have no clue.

All right, end of rant. Stupid flipping doctors....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island? Empty Re: Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island?

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 am

Let's send them off with the "my little Johnny can do wrong" parents. (And send Johnny with them).
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island? Empty Re: Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island?

Post  Richard Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 am

Yeah, working the "Bob's" of the world is challenging. I saw a sign at an office once ... or was it a print shop. The gist was "Your procrastination does not create a crisis for us" Something like that. I thought it made a lot of sense.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:55 am

Sounds like a good idea to me. Any one with a case of the stupids automatically gets a one-way ticket so they can irritate the crap out of each other instead of the rest of us.

Or as Bill Engvall said - they all should be forced to wear signs that say they're stupid....just so everyone else is aware.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am

Richard wrote:Yeah, working the "Bob's" of the world is challenging. I saw a sign at an office once ... or was it a print shop. The gist was "Your procrastination does not create a crisis for us" Something like that. I thought it made a lot of sense.

Richard - our department secretary has something to the effect of this in her office...Failure to plan on your part does not automatically constitute an emergency on my part.

Working with PhD's and MD's, this seems to happen a lot...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 pm

They tried that once. It is now called Australia.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm

They tried that once. It is now called Australia.

Razz Good one, Hal! Razz
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:27 pm

With respect to the Aussies.... ROTFLMFAO!!!! Razz Razz Razz
good one, Hal!
And I loved the "dumber than a post" governor comment too. Too bad the candidates lining up to replace the post are dumber than dirt... What a Face

Oh how I hated people like "Bob." When I was an editor, I worked with authors (all with PhDs) like that all the time, and my boss's motto was that we never said no, no matter what. And we never pulled overtime either. We just magically made it happen. Riiiiight.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island? Empty Aussies

Post  Hal Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Auntibubbs,

From that picture, it doesn't look like there is an once of fat on that southern California body.

As for the Aussies, they are great people. I spent some time down under many years ago and made some great friends. I now talk to several people there on Amateur Radio. What a great way to keep in contact with the world.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mishkyn Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Forget shipping all the stupid clueless people to an island...let's ship us brilliant ones off to paradise and leave the jerks behind.

Nice to be back here.
M

Mishkyn

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:55 am

Mishkyn

You are so right. All us brilliant ones should go - there'd be plenty of room for us on an island. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Grrr...can we ship all stupid people to an island? Empty The smart ones

Post  Hal Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:06 am

All ten of us.

Have you ever read "Atlas Shrugged"?

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:15 am

Never heard of it, Hal.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:59 pm

I hate "Bob". Today "Bob" is making me very angry. "Bob" sucks! I'm so mad at "Bob" that I can't even come up with something witty to say about her (sorry, my "Bob" is a female). I hate you "Bob"!!!!!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Sorry your Bob is making you ticked (using my polite words today - head stabbing but at work). My Bob is .... alright I was going to say something derogatory but am refraining. Found out more things about my Bob today - complete idiot... and I can see that I will get blamed for his idiocy. I can take it, I put on my big girl panty's today. What a Face
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:09 am

Have a new Bob. How many people think it's okay to leave a voicemail without including your name? I thought so - none.

Got a voicemail forwarded to me and the person left their number, twice, but no name. This is an MD - gee whiz and they wonder why patients lack confidence in them. I had a way to figure it out but...duh! Some days you have to wonder where these folks got their degrees...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:12 pm

An old professor I work with had that on his desk - .Failure to plan on your part does not automatically constitute an emergency on my part. And he lived it. He let the poor students suffer.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:15 pm

estre004 wrote:An old professor I work with had that on his desk - .Failure to plan on your part does not automatically constitute an emergency on my part. And he lived it. He let the poor students suffer.

Excellent!!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Think I'm going to frame that. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down