migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date With Wife/ a Migraine

4 posters

Go down

Date With Wife/ a Migraine Empty Date With Wife/ a Migraine

Post  Olee Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 am

No I don't mean my wife causes migraines. This past week was very stressful work wise so I asked my wife out on a movie date for Saturday night. Naturally she accepted and by the time Saturday morning came , we were so ready to escape a long stressful week. My problem has been a migraine that has lingered since Thursday, coming and going with meds. I awoke yesterday and literally spent the entire morning and mid day for a date with my wife. By preparing I'm not talking about showering, etc. I'm speaking of excedrin, meditating, sitting in quiet dark places etc. Finally it subsided, not ceased, when it was time to go and we settled in for a good movie. We cuddled and had a great time. Of course during the movie, drama/action/cop movie of course, my migraine returns full force and I was prepared and took my vicodin.

I know some of you would say, next time pick a quiet date or maybe a calmer movie, but there's a point I was trying to make. We love to go the movies and I didn't want to sacrifice. I've had to do that before, this time I was determined and most of all fortunate. God I hate this.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Date With Wife/ a Migraine Empty Re: Date With Wife/ a Migraine

Post  Stillhurtin Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:31 am

The cool part tho, Olee, is that even though it takes that much effort and sacrafrice you have not given up trying!! Laughing
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Yeah Migraines were made to be hated! Ten points for making a date and sticking with it no matter what. I gave up on movie theaters a long time ago, movies lasted way too long and the volumn n brightness would eventually get to me. I can relate to your having to prepare to go out, for me it's watching the triggers for a few days and maybe taking something beforehand...and of course bringing meds along. Unfortunately migraines have made me gun shy about planning anything, vacations, parties, travel or even having company* over. Luckily my wife understands.

*the kind that talk too much and can't take the 'time to leave' hint Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:02 pm

*the kind that talk too much and can't take the 'time to leave' hint

My husband is on call a lot for his job. When we have company that outlast their welcome I'll sneak into the bathroom and call him from my cell and he'll pretend he has to go to work.

When I can't get someone off the phone, I'll walk to the front door, ring my own door bell and get the dogs barking and say "oops, someone is here, gotta go, Bye!

Good for you, Olee for going out and doing something you enjoy knowing it would be painful. Your wife must have really appreciated that extra focus on her.

Charlote
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 am

paradox wrote:

My husband is on call a lot for his job. When we have company that outlast their welcome I'll sneak into the bathroom and call him from my cell and he'll pretend he has to go to work.

When I can't get someone off the phone, I'll walk to the front door, ring my own door bell and get the dogs barking and say "oops, someone is here, gotta go, By

Charlote

LOL thats so funny, i must remember that. Razz
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down