migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for other "athletes" to support each other

+18
survivor
tecky
Anna
Lil Bird
jwar
Stillhurtin
brookelinn
jagmig
AuntieBubbs
Daniela
meihee
pen
Ivy
marion
HeelerLady
Chinookgrl
LG
milo
22 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Looking for other "athletes" to support each other - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for other "athletes" to support each other

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:30 pm

You know, this is totally off topic, apropos of nothing except my screwy sense of humor, and April's Fools day, but this thread title has always made me think of that line from the movie, "Grease":

"If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter." Razz

Just something to make you all chuckle. Laughing
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Looking for other "athletes" to support each other - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for other "athletes" to support each other

Post  milo Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I suppose I would be showing my age if I had to ask what "Grease" was huh? lol
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

milo wrote:I suppose I would be showing my age if I had to ask what "Grease" was huh? lol

HUhh???? I thought everyone, everywhere, of every age, had seen Grease at least 6 times Smile
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:16 pm

OMG I have! Like a million times! Love that movie!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 pm

I went to a private christian school...we were not allowed to watch such evil things. Lot of good it did me. Twisted Evil
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 pm

OMG milo, really? really? Very Happy John Travolta & Olivia Newton John! Razz Love it! "Grease" is like a cult classic. I thought everyone had seen "Grease" Laughing
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 am

milo wrote:I went to a private christian school...we were not allowed to watch such evil things. Lot of good it did me. Twisted Evil

yeah no kidding. My parents shipped me off to private all girls catholic school for a couple of years to "reform" me. Those girls were secretly CRAZY! Laughing Some of them were very good girls...some that I saw at the reunion went a little crazy after school though, I guess from being restricted for so long. Some of them were just plain crazy DURING school! Man, I don't know..sometimes too many rules defeat the purpose.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 am

I completed my first 10 km run yesterday! Headache and all!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 am

Congrats Milo! That's so great...ready to do another? Wink
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Yay Milo! That's wonderful!!!!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 pm

milo wrote:I completed my first 10 km run yesterday! Headache and all!

Wow, Milo! You have my admiration..... cheers

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 am

I didn't read all the replies to this thread. I just wanted to say I never consider myself an athlete - I'm too clumsy - but I have done a half dozen half marathons. The worst one was when I had to vomit in the port-a-pot. I was on the track at Indy and knew I couldn't risk being seen throwing up in the grass. Fortunately I came to an empty john right then but it was not fun.

I completed that one nearly blind but I finished. It was the people around me that helped guide me because I refused to quit. I should mention I walk not run. I don't care for running but I do walk at a pretty fare pace.

The funny thing about those type of events is the people near you want you to finish too and they become your best help.

Keep trying.

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 am

I'd say anyone who has completed a half dozen half marathons could easily call themselves an athlete!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Ok...so who is doing what? Let's not let this post die Smile

I'm doing a tiny 2 mile run at lunch today. I did 2.5 yesterday. Nothing too thrilling but I'm keeping up with my training.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Sorry, I'm day 6 of a nasty streak and have barely left the house. The storms are supposed to leave my area over night and I'm hoping to start walking again tomorrow.

Dogs have been playing with each other or we've been going in the backyard for fetch and herding time - very easy on my poor head.

Darn frustrating and I'm now going to go take a triptan (have to work myself up for this cause I hate them).
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:48 pm

OMG...my run was horrible, horrible, horrible today. I now have a knife plunging through my skull.

I completed the 2 miles, but I was barely able to run. I walked most of it. I hope it improves for tomorrow.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Well tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one for both of us, Milo. Smile

I'm feeling some better but know not to push it...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:20 pm

I had to take a run day off today. My head is pounding and I'm working the late clinic tonight, which means I'll stay about three or four hours past our regular work hours.

I'm even taking pain meds while here at work...which I never do. I don't like seeing patients while I'm on pain meds. I really have no choice today. UGH.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:44 am

It's been a tough week for my head. I managed to miss only one short run, though I had to go really slow for quite a few of them.

Today I completed a 9.5 kilometer run!!!!! Outside...which made it really nice too. I'm proud of myself. I wasn't sure that today's long run was going to work out so well. I had to get some downhills in and so I did it outside. I'm sure I'll be sore from all the hills...lol Very Happy
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Great news....I'm only a tiny bit sore from my 10KM run yesterday.... not bad...lol
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Great news! Was the 10K a race or just a training day? Just curious. Smile

So far, I've been making the butt-print in the couch larger...darn weather. Hoping tomorrow will be better. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Don't worry Heeler, your dogs will keep you to it. Sadly, I only have chihuahua's and their demands for physical exsertion are not nearly the same as your dogs.

The 10 kilometers was a trainer. I have to do a long run each Sunday and each week they get longer (or every two weeks depending on the training).

The run this Sunday was easier then I expected and because it was outside I got to see some things I don't normally get to enjoy. I went before eight AM, and it was quite peaceful.

I find my head is usually not too bad if I start really early.

I was expecting to be quite sore today because I did many hills on my run.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Looking for other "athletes" to support each other - Page 4 Empty Atheletes

Post  Lil Bird Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:07 pm

I have started feeling much better. :-) I have managed to get in 3 -3 mile runs last week with my husband. I think he likes running with me because I give him an excuse to slow down. LOL

my visits to the chiropractor seem to be good things. I also had 1 trigger point therapy session that was really great. Hurts like hell then feels awesome. I need to go back but I had to go out of town for a family emergency.

I also saw a physical therapist who told me I need to strengthen the muscles in the front of my neck and gave me stretches and excercises to do.

I'm also taking verapamil still. I will keep taking it for a while. It might be the reason my headaches have been so much better. But I think it is a combination of things. I had to stop taking the pamelor because the side effects were awful for me.

All-in-all, I'm doing much better. :-) I'll be praying for you all. Keep up the hard work and motivation.
Lil Bird
Lil Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Yay for you lilbird!!!

So glad you are getting some runs in!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:23 am

Way to go both of you! The weather is much better today so I need to get out tonight - provided the head cooperates. Milo, I'm like you, I do much better earlier in the day but am having a harder time getting up in the morning. Don't know why - could be that that's when I get zapped (either wake up miserable or tolerable and I never know which it will be). I'm going to have to switch to getting up mornings or switch my work hours - Lou doesn't tolerate warm weather very well and mornings are better for her.

Milo - I could loan you one of my dogs. Twisted Evil Abby could go for hours, Lou lasts about 40 minutes but they both love to go.

LilBird - Glad things have been improving. Pamelor is rather nasty stuff (was on it 4+ months) and it did stuff to my heart rate such that going up and down stairs made the M worse. Glad the stuff you are doing is helping. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next