migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love my cat but.... kinda gross

+11
tecky
Olee
ajr
hpilgrim
CluelessKitty
crt
LizzieB
theresae
Paradox
LG
alli
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I love my cat but....  kinda gross Empty I love my cat but.... kinda gross

Post  alli Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 am

So yesterday I got home from work with the beginning of a nasty migraine. All afternoon and evening it just kept building. I finally got to sleep about 12:30 ish and just as I'm dropping off, my big, fat, overeatting, oaf of a cat decides to start barfing somewhere in my bedroom. No No No

Now my head is POUNDING and my balance is way off and needless to say I am to freaking miserable to get up in the middle of the night and deal with it. So I wake up this morning..... my head is killing me... the first thing I do is roll over and take my meds. I get up and start walking the shower and I STEP in the cat barf!!! pale EEEEWWWW!!!!

WHY does he always have to barf where I walk? Every single time that cat decides to pig out and barf it is in the walkway. I think he does it on purpose. I have to hide Willie's food from him so he won't eat hers when she walks away from her bowl. Because being the lady that she is, she does not eat til she barfs.

As I said, I love my cat, but today he is on my $4it list.
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

I love my cat but....  kinda gross Empty Re: I love my cat but.... kinda gross

Post  LG Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah animals have a funny way of showing their love. Your morning sounds a whole lot like my morning yesterday. My husband was running late for work so he didn't walk our two dogs. My german shepherd pup decided it would be a smart idea to poop on my dirty clothes pile. Ewww.

It was a lovely wake-up call.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 am

I'm finding cats to be quite unique. Ours does not like when I snore. So, she bats at my nose with both paws. She is not declawed. affraid

What a way to wake up!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:37 am

Please fed-ex that cat immediately to me. PLEASE! My husband snores so badly I'm getting tired of plucking his nose hairs out with tweezers at night to get him to stop. A cat doing the job for me sounds blissful!!! Laughing
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:08 pm

these posts have made me smile.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 pm

No no no please send him over the Atlantic, I NEED him first. My husband's got bruises on him where I stab him when he snores, which is most of the time. But plucking his nose hairs out!!! Now that's something I haven't thought of . . . . . .

Mind you one of our cats snores too. He's very large (he too eats his mother's food when she walks off) and very stupid (got his head stuck in an empty cereal box at the weekend when still looking for a mouse which we'd rescued hours before)

Liz cat
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Oh no no lizzie..I'll fight you on this one, and I bet I'll win.

My german shepherd snores just like my husband. That cat would be really busy in my house.

I MUST record and figure out how to get the recording on here...anyone know how to do that? I would video it but my husband wouldn't take too kindly to that if he ever found out. LOL!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Hmmm...I sense some profit opportunities here.

Here, Kitty Kitty! cat

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:33 pm

alli wrote:

As I said, I love my cat, but today he is on my $4it list.
Alli

Alli,

I know what you're spelling out here, but it struck me another way, which I found funny too. He is on your $4.00 hit list. You'll pay any hit man or hit woman $4.00 to take him out. Me perverted? Yes. A little perversion is a good thing. Twisted Evil

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Oh yeah, them pets are like that - if you have the only one tiniest antique piece of a rug in the entire 10 floor house and everywhere else is a bare floor,
you can bet they will run and deposit their puke carefully and thoroughly on this rug - nowhere else...

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:05 pm

My cat began to barf constantly, took her to the vet, and he prescribed Hill's Science Diet "ID" - worked wonders....!

He said that many cats cant tolerate the dyes and unnatural stuff that is in store shelf cat food. I bought this food for her for more than a year - it's expensive (about $15 for a 4 pound sack)...

Finally I gradually switched her over to Iams Healthy Naturals Weight Control, (much cheaper) and she is still doing fine.

They really aren't doing it to be ornery, it's a medical problem that can be fixed. Try the Iams Healthy Naturals, and see if your cat does better. Also the vet told me to put some Hairball gel on her foot about once a month. Good luck!

Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:54 pm

My cat has feline asthma....very frustrating because she "coughs" and it sounds like she is throwing up, but it is a cough. It is not good at all. I wonder if that special food would help that? Or does anyone know of anything I could supplement for the asthma? (She takes cortisone pills to get her over the bad spells). What next?!
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Our rottweiler barfs once a month it seems and can't just do it in one spot. No he has to barf, walk 5 steps and barf, walk 10 steps and barf, you get the picture, cover the room! We're talking 140 pound dog barfing early in the morning, it's such a nice wake up call. We've determined pretty much it happens when he eats too fast so we have tried to limit the amount of food he eats at a time and raise the level of his dish. This discussion has made me wonder about our cat though who has started coughing a lot lately. We assumed it was just hair balls, but we never see him cough up anything. He stops every now and then and coughs for a couple of minutes. He has an appointment with the vet soon so we'll ask then anyway. He's just a very messy eater. By the way our rottie and our cat are close friends. They were both rescues, so I guess they consider themselves to have something in common.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Olee,

My big Ol' dobee boy loves to do that too. He also barfs once every month or two. It is so aggravating when he is throwing up and he just keeps on walking around, covering the entire rug. I've tried to coax him into the kitchen where there is linoleum tile but nope, he's spoiled and MUST go on the rug. His puke problem is from licking the ground outside on walks Question It's really really odd..we try to stop him but sometimes when your half asleep or talking to someone...well you know what happens.

The worst is on big rainy mornings. He doesn't go pee those days. If it rains all day he will hold it in as long as he can until it stops. If it doesn't stop he will go in the house but at this point it has built up so much he can't actually stop urintating mid-pee so we can't bring him outside. He is literally standing there peeing all over the place. It doesn't happen often, but when it does we actually get a big bucket and put it under him otherwise it would be a disaster!

Big dogs = big love. Big dogs = big mess. Always factor this in before purchasing or adopting. (hopefully adopting!)
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 pm

I know it's not funny, but you guys have me rolling on the floor with laughter....mostly because I've experienced every last one of these things. Laughing

Our old dog, Mindy, has been throwing up every couple of days lately, and she doesn't do it on the linoleum where she's fed. She walks into the other room and does it on the carpet. For some reason, the dog-food colored barf really stains and is extremely hard to get out. Dog barf when you're migraining is so nauseating.

That is, of course, unless Mindy eats what she threw up (I know, GROSS!). Yesterday I came across the outline of a stain in front of the door. My hubby said he didn't clean any up--had to be that she ate it........Yuk!

I want dibs on the anti-snoring kitty. My husband snores so loud I can hear him on the opposite side of the house one level down in the basement! It's even worse if he's had any alcohol or is over tired. I've wakened him and asked him to roll on his side, but he even snores when he's on his side. And he falls back asleep immediately, while I'm left awake with insomnia.

Not to let my hubby win the snoring contest, our cocker spaniel, Dolly, snores like a freight train. She lays on her back with all four legs splayed out, usually on or near my legs, and snores up a storm. Sometimes, if she's dreaming, she'll make little yips, whines, growls and squeaks too.

No rest for the wicked at my house. Evil or Very Mad

Becky scratch
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

I love my cat but....  kinda gross Empty my cat snores

Post  dizzyflower Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:55 am

She keeps the other one awake and then they are really grumpy in the morning. She does however choose to be sick on things she thinks don't matter. we tried to give her a bit of old newspaper once and now she looks for newspaper. recently she went for a bit of newspaper and my hubby hadn't finished the crossword, so she waited a second or two for him to save his favourite page. Have to be really careful not to leave any job applications out though!!

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 am

Becky, you took the wind out of my next story. One night I was in the same position as Allie, heard the dog throwing up but was in no condition to clean it up. Until I heard the other dog "cleaning it up" for me. That got me going. Wipe up dog puke, run and puke myself. Wipe up dog puke, run and puke myself. It is so much ickier when it's still warm!

Hubby is great with massively dirty diapers, hauling a dead deer carcass we found on the property...but the man can not do vomit.

$4.00 hit list

I read it that way first too! Migraine, Inc. Home of the $4 hit. Razz

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 am

paradox wrote:Becky, you took the wind out of my next story. One night I was in the same position as Allie, heard the dog throwing up but was in no condition to clean it up. Until I heard the other dog "cleaning it up" for me. That got me going. Wipe up dog puke, run and puke myself. Wipe up dog puke, run and puke myself. It is so much ickier when it's still warm!

Hubby is great with massively dirty diapers, hauling a dead deer carcass we found on the property...but the man can not do vomit.

What we won't do for the ones we love, huh? pale

I'm lucky as my husband will clean up the dog puke. Usually the first one to come across it is the one who is supposed to clean it up in our house. Sometimes hubby feigns not noticing it and then has to leave for some reason. He doesn't always do the best clean-up job, so I usually have to do some further cleaning after he's gone (I don't want him to know I cleaned up after him or he'll stop doing it).

Who but migraineurs would be able to have a lengthy discussion around puke? Laughing lol!

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:34 am

Oh Alli what a pukey way to start your day ( pun intended Wink ) that has happened to me before with my dog. Ughhh!

They can be difficult like that but next time your sad or not feeling well I'm sure you kitty will give you some extra love and cuddles that make it all worth it! Smile
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:21 am

Oh nooooo... this is the cat that doesn't like me to pick him up. He sleeps on my bed but if I try to pet him, 90% of the time he moves away.... Yeah... $4 to put him away!!! HAHAHAHHAA!!!

He pukes because he's a pig. A big, fat, enormous, overeating moose of a cat. He weighs close to 15-16 lbas. He over eats and then...... Thank god he doesn't do as often since we cut back on how much food he gets, but every once in a while he goes after Willie's food too.

I wish he was polite enough to puke on something that doesn't matter. That would be sort of acceptable. I so happy I don't have a dog. I can't even get my head around them eating their puke. EEEEEEwwwwwwwww!!

Now Willie, sweetheart that she is, lets me hold her and pet her almost when I want to. She also sleeps on my bed and doesn't move away when I pet her! She was dreaming last night and woke me up meowing wildly. I don't know what happened, but she was chewing someone a new one... then went right back to sleep. Soooo cute!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:52 am

My GS eats her poo. That one is gross but actually kind of nice. I don't really have to clean it up too often. She has severe seperation anxiety with me so whenever I leave she goes on the floor even if I walk her right before I go out.

I always wondered why the house smelled like poop when I came home but there was none to be found until I left the blinds open and stood outside and peeked in on her. I went to the vet and checked her for worms again and again but nothing has been found. I think she is just afraid to let me down. Sad Poor kiddo.

The worst part is that I never knew and always let her give me kisses. EWWWWW
Laughing
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:22 pm

SMOOCH! I'm dying laughing.

One of our bassets does that. I think it's actually a psychological disorder, perhaps along the lines of pica? I'm not sure where I'm pulling that from, but I'm usually pretty good at useless trivia like poop eating dogs. Laughing

Hubby gets SO disgusted. I guess I'm more pragmatic. With three dogs to clean up after in the yard, it's nice to know one of them is recycling.

But, that puppy never gets NEAR my face!!!!!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:23 pm

STILL bent over laughing!!!!!!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 pm

bleah!!!! ick, ick, ick!!! All I can think of is COOOOOTIES!!!!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:56 pm

I know it's not unusual for the female dog to eat feces of her offspring - as it actually is very nutritious, as what the puppies pass out is still high in nutrients. (this I know from some long ago read article where it was stated that the puppy's poop ingredients were laboratory tested)

It's the nature way to provide both a food for the mother who can't leave her nest and helpless newborns, and keep the nest clean thus free of disease and pests.

Possibly from this remains some atavistic drive to eat the feces in all dogs.

Also I've heard that cat's feces contain some protein or vitamin that dogs love and go crazy for it. Maybe dog's, too , I don't know.
Anyway, it's not at all unusual for the dogs to eat their own poop - I've heard of that many many times. They may eat it more readily if there are other animals in the household, especially of other kind like cats.

Vomit eating - dogs like wolfs in nature carry their food in the stomach, then regurgitate it to eat later.
So while it's gross for a human it's actually very normal behavior for the dog.

Also, since predators like wolf, hence the dogs too, are opportunistic hunters and never know when and where their next meal will come they tend to eat as much as they can at once. Then they regurgitate excess and bury it somewhere safe for later. That could explain why our dogs run away into deep corner, preferably on the soft surface to vomit.

Unless it's worms or indigestion the food is usually hardly digested, and they have no qualms to eat it, just as they would eat happily other dog's vomit.

Here are some possible explanation I've found online why dogs eat poop. Some are far- fetched, but some are reasonable.

http://www.pets.ca/articles/dog-eats-poop.htm
http://www.pet-comfort-products.com/why-dogs-eat-poop.htm
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?threadid=58

and supposedly a pancreatic enzyme deficiency is a myth:
http://vetmed.illinois.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=166

and I believe it it so.

ps. oh, yeah - and I forgot to add this is how the mother wolf carry the food for her lil 'uns - in her belly.

Risa

Last edited by CluelessKitty on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next