migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

While we are discussing supplements: Magnesium

5 posters

Go down

While we are discussing supplements: Magnesium Empty While we are discussing supplements: Magnesium

Post  pen Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:48 am

Magnesium has reared its head on the intenet info sites again.

I would like to try it, but with the IBS its difficult.

Has anyone had any luck with it at all?

Anyone with IBS or sensitive digestion managed ot take it please?

pen

Back to top Go down

While we are discussing supplements: Magnesium Empty Re: While we are discussing supplements: Magnesium

Post  theresae Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:14 pm

i have been taking magnesium along with vit&minerals for over a year now, not sure that it has made any difference, i suppose the only way to tell is to stop taking it, but cant say i have noticed an improvement in M for taking it, i have however learnt not to take any supplement or preventative on an empty stomach!!!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

While we are discussing supplements: Magnesium Empty Re: While we are discussing supplements: Magnesium

Post  estre004 Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 pm

I took it for awhile. Didn't make any difference. At least it probably doesn't do any harm and may be good for you anyway vs some of the preventatives they throw at us.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  msmolly Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:53 pm

I took it for six months a few years ago. No change in migraine frequency or intensity, so I stopped. And yes, it was hard on my tummy. I think I found that taking it with calcium helped - one balanced out the stomach issues caused by the other, but now of course I can't remember just how. Good luck with it!
msmolly
msmolly

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Doesnt look as if it is quite the panacea the internet docs are suggesting does it?

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:02 pm

I gave it to my son for a long time....and the good magnesium, not mag. oxide, an it didn't do anything unfortunately. Very frustrating that nothing EVER works!!!!!
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down