migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone examined MSG as a migraine cause?

3 posters

Go down

Has anyone examined MSG as a migraine cause? Empty Has anyone examined MSG as a migraine cause?

Post  Halina23 Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:08 pm

I started suffering from migraines at age 30 and they became more frequent with time. Recently, I found out that eating anything with MSG resulted in my developing a migraine. This doesn't surprise me since MSG is an excitotoxin. There's a great book out there that talks about how excitotoxins kill neurons and may even lead to dementia and other neurodegenerative conditions. The book is called Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills, by Russell L. Blaylock. The fact that MSG and other excitotoxins are being routinely added to our food and even our vaccines makes me wonder if this could be the reason why we're now seeing so many more cases of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, etc. Has anyone else noticed MSG being a migraine trigger for them?

Halina23

Back to top Go down

Has anyone examined MSG as a migraine cause? Empty Re: Has anyone examined MSG as a migraine cause?

Post  Brenda Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 pm

That's actually one of the very well known triggers. I'm not sure if it affects me, because I don't eat anything with it in, just to be safe.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Has anyone examined MSG as a migraine cause? Empty Re: Has anyone examined MSG as a migraine cause?

Post  dcook60 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 pm

every few months i visit my favorite and trusted MSG educational site, www.msgmyth.com. on the updated site, i just counted 66 OTHER names for this dreadful and neurotoxic food additive.

since eliminating all the msg clones in my diet for the past 13 years, i have done much better. but of course, i am still at this site, meaning i still have migraines, in spite of the purification of diet and environment. there are other issues involved, of course, but the killer migraines occur very rarely now (the ones that put me to bed for 40 hours, throwing up for 12).

i have met the couple who run this site; they live in my state, and they are lovely people, sincerely wanting to help others. to anyone who will listen: food additives, including all the MSG substances, are undermining americans' health.

so many additives, so little testing. we are all guinea pigs. some european countries and others more enlightened than the u.s. (food-wise, at least) have banned a lot of the things american companies are allowed to sneak into our food supply, under thousands of euphemisms.

it's worthwhile for everyone to know these things. the msg myth site has a ton of ideas for how to figure out what may be causing our pain and the epidemics of several diseases here. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down