migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep study results

3 posters

Go down

Sleep study results Empty Sleep study results

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:21 am

Hi All,

I had a sleep study about a week ago to see if the fainting was connected to a sleep problem. The test showed mild sleep apnea. The sleep doctor said I had about 50 events during the night, but my O2 sats only dropped down to 93%, which is still considered mild. Due to the fact that I did not have enough events, or didn't have them early enough to try C-PAP during the initial test, I had a second test a few nights ago to test C-PAP, get it to the correct setting etc. Well, the C-PAP is really helping tremendously.

I am only fainting 5-6 times a day as opposed to 10-12 a day. (I have only been on it for a few days, and do not want to jinx it, but fainting 5 times a day is certainly better than 12.) It is also helping the headache some. I don't know if it is because of the extra oxygen or not, but I will take anything I can get.

I still have a pretty bad headache and will probably ask my doctor for some steroids on Monday. Still, I have found that if the headache is really bad resting with the C-PAP on while I am waiting for meds to kick in helps too. When I have been in the ER in the past, I sometimes got oxygen as part of the treatment, I guess this does the same thing.

I am just glad it is helping. I am also beginning to wonder why it took three years for anyone to suggest a sleep study.

Anyway, jiust wanted to share some good news for once.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Sleep study results Empty good news!

Post  lentils Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm glad the C-PAP is helping and that your doctors are exploring every avenue of treatment. You deserve it.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Sleep study results Empty Re: Sleep study results

Post  AZgirl Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Glad to hear something positive!!
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Sleep study results Empty Re: Sleep study results

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down