migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feeling pretty bad

4 posters

Go down

feeling pretty bad Empty feeling pretty bad

Post  lentils Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 pm

I have had sinusitus for 4 days and it seems like a migraine on top of it. The pain is intense and I feel like I'm losing my mind, especially at night. I just came back from the doctors where they recommended saline spray:(. I feel so antsy I'm afraid to take anti nausea medicine as that is usually a side effect. I may take a triptan and see if that helps. In addition I lost or someone stole my camera and GPS. I try not to obsess over that too much. I wish the doctor would have given me something to relax. I hope this pain ends soon, I can't take much more.

lentils

Back to top Go down

feeling pretty bad Empty Re: feeling pretty bad

Post  marion Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Sorry your not well Lentils.
Were you insured for your gear?
Sometimes a contents policy will cover to a certain amount even if not in the home.
There is a lot of pollen about at the moment, have you tried an antihastimine? Maybe ask for one that does make you drosey to get some sleep.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

feeling pretty bad Empty took a triptan and feeling a bit better

Post  lentils Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:44 am

Thanks Marion
The weather in Sydney has been strange. Lots of fast moving clouds and periods of rain. Cold, too ,for this time of year. The triptan helped with the head and that is good because that is about all I have to take. I was able to get a couple hours of rest.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:40 am

I'm havingsuccess with Ginger capsules I'm taking for nausea. 100 for $4 at WalMart and it's working great.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:59 am

I feel for you.Had this bug for 3 weeks now. Blocked my sinuses.
Pain every morning....steaming seems to help at least for a while.
Triptans 4 in 5 days....bad even for me.....
When will it end?

pen

Back to top Go down

feeling pretty bad Empty constant migraine with sinusitus

Post  lentils Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:25 pm

My nasal passages were inflamed making it difficult to breathe at night and that was causing some sleep apnea. Then I would wake up with pain in my temple and forehead that would progress to a migraine. I think that is why I had a continuous migraine. I hope it isn't a change in migraine patterns, I've rarely had a migraine this long. I got out some rhinocort which should help tonight.

When I get back to the US, I'll look for the ginger capsules. I love ginger. They sell candied ginger here in Australia and I eat it all the time, but I'll have to look for it in the US.

I just got my house in Sydney sold, so next is the car and get rid of some odds and ends in the house and I'm back to the northern winter.

lentils

Back to top Go down

feeling pretty bad Empty 3 week illness

Post  lentils Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Pen,
3 weeks is a long time to be sick. Have you seen the doctor?

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down