migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wedding was fantastic!

+3
Paradox
VickiG
alli
7 posters

Go down

The wedding was fantastic! Empty The wedding was fantastic!

Post  alli Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 am

I'm finally up to doing something more than laying on my rear. It was an exhausting few days and the wedding went off beautifully. It was very untraditional, their readings were from Plato, Walt Whitman, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and one other book I can't recall. I loved the HGTG reading! That was one of the first Science Fiction books I gave my kids to read. It is hilarious and very sweet.

Their vows were in the form of a poem. It was just wonderful!

The cake came out great. It looked really good and tasted delicious! Although my mother, (I do love the woman!) said my frosting, chocolate buttercream, tasted a bit off. Geez! Everyone else said the cake was great and the frosting was really good. So maybe Mom's taste buds are a bit off. Smile

I had a blast. My son and I danced to Oh Darling by the Beatles. We had so much fun. A bit of slow dancing and a bit of a jig on the fast parts. All the guests loved it, except my mother, who sat there with a look of extreme disapproval on her face. Chris and I couldn't do anything like a dance together without adding a bit of silliness into it. It is just the way we are.

I even had a real talk with my ex-husband's wife. We haven't ever really talked. But the ice was broken so it was easier to just talk like two women and not worry about who was married to who and when. She is great with my kids so I have no issues with her. It was nice to reach a different place with her. We will be sharing our lives for decades to come so I'm glad we are able to talk.

I had a bit of a headache for most of the day but once the festivities started I forgot all about it. I got really bad edema again so by the end of the night my feet were very unhappy with me and driving home was a bit of mild torture. I did have a whopping migraine on Sunday so I slept almost the entire day. Monday I called work and told them I was "taking a day". I'm tired and will not be in! I was able to meet up with Chris and Baha before they left for Canada and spent a few hours just relaxing and talking. They brought me a beautiful egg from their honeymoon trip. It is a big flourite crystal that has bands of purple, green, and bluish colors. It looks like the eye of a peacock feather. So I have another addition to my egg collection. My sister brought me a beautiful blue and white egg from Egypt too.

Now it is relaxation time and review of medication time. Time to lose some weight. I need to get off Lyrica as it is what is causing the edema and find something that works as well without the SE's. LOL!

Pictures are to come.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

The wedding was fantastic! Empty Re: The wedding was fantastic!

Post  VickiG Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:41 am

What a lovely wedding! What particularly makes this special is that they made the ceremony their own by personalizing everything instead of using the stock pattern. So this will be something for them to remember forever. I will look forward to the pictures.

On another note, did you know that now you will have to have a separate written prescription every time you want to refill Lyrica? It used to be that only Schedule II drugs had to have a separate written prescription, but the DEA changed it to say that all schedule drugs have to have one, and lyrica is a Schedule V drug. So is lomotil, the anti-diarrhea drug.

My doctor said that the way they decide if something should be scheduled or not is by having drug addicts take the drug, and if they like the way they feel on it, the DEA makes it a scheduled one. Isn't it weird that lyrica and lomotil are at risk of drug abuse?
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:48 am

Why would anyone want to get high on Lyrica??? People are strange!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:31 pm

So happy it went well Alli! I go back to work tomorrow. I have been a human sloth ever since the wedding.

My son and I ended up cutting short our dance. Some how the DJ started playing the unedited version. He had just gotten done doing an almost four minute choreographed dance with his new wife and the boy was pooped! When our song went into another verse we held up our hands together and announced to the crowd that we surrendered.

I will post the flick of their dance as soon as I get their permission. Don't want to bug them on their honeymoon for that!

How nice of your mother to announce that the frosting was off! geez! Imagine if your sister would have been there!

Did I love everything about the wedding? No...BUT I told the bride and groom that everything was perfect. Why ruin their day with criticism?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:53 pm

I am so glad you could make it Alli! and even more so you had a great time!
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- I have the book but never got to read it, for some reason but I've seen the movie and like it. But I have read another book of this author
I think you'd like that one, too:
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
http://www.amazon.com/Dirk-Gentlys-Holistic-Detective-Agency/dp/0671746723

people are strange? lol I love Jim Morrison , too!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Ahhhh...Risa the glory before the booze and the bloat hit!,
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 am

Alli,
I'm glad that the wedding went well and that your head did not annoy you.
It was an important day and you could enjoy it!
I wish I could have tasted the cake, I'm sure that I would have loved it Smile
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 am

So many blessings in life. I'm so happy for you and your family.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

The wedding was fantastic! Empty Re: Interfacing with Trig TT21 Transponder

Post  kiohaa Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:59 pm

The cake came out great. It looked really good and tasted delicious! Although my mother, (I do love the woman!) said my frosting, chocolate buttercream, tasted a bit off. Geez! Everyone else said the cake was great and the frosting was really good. So maybe Mom's taste buds are a bit off. Smile...?

kiohaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down