migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT?

+6
pen
HeelerLady
crt
Brent
estre004
Richard
10 posters

Go down

Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT? Empty Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT?

Post  Richard Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:29 am

If shopping for jeans, shirts, pants that actually FIT is a chore - or your don't have unlimited time and unlimited options to find that pair that really and truly FITS your body - not a model's ... then this website is for you.

$70 for a pair of leather jeans MADE to YOUR measurements!

$30.00 for a Made TO MEASURE linen shirt!! (must love ironing to purchase! LOL)

I am going to try this website out ... it looks really good to me!

Made To Measure Jeans and Leather Jeans and Shirts and Everything!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT? Empty Re: Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT?

Post  estre004 Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 am

Let us know the results.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT? Empty Re: Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT?

Post  Brent Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:15 am

I may have to look into those sites. My inseam is 30" and aside from Carhart very few other brands have 36" waist and 30" inseam. Fortunately Carhart makes semi dress pants as well as jeans and work pants.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Hate To Shop For Jeans That Actually FIT? Empty jeans

Post  crt Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:50 pm

I have always wondered why pants manufacturers think that men have a variety of leg lengths but that women all have the same leg length. Oh sometimes you might find a petite, "regular", and tall but that's maximum - 3 lengths. Women range from under 5 feet to over 6. Do they really think we can all wear the same length pants?

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 pm

crt wrote:I have always wondered why pants manufacturers think that men have a variety of leg lengths but that women all have the same leg length. Oh sometimes you might find a petite, "regular", and tall but that's maximum - 3 lengths. Women range from under 5 feet to over 6. Do they really think we can all wear the same length pants?

Chris

Same length - how about that we all have the same body shape! Ugh. I'm sorry, but I have more of a Junior's waist/hip and regular Misses assume big hips and booty. Rather frustrating being almost thirty and having to rummage through the juniors section in hopes of finding something not all twinkly that will fit.

Rant ended.

Brent - have you looked at Wranglers? I know that they come in a variety of lengths and waists and that they have a dress line. Just a suggestion. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Same length - how about that we all have the same body shape! Ugh. I'm sorry, but I have more of a Junior's waist/hip and regular Misses assume big hips and booty. Rather frustrating being almost thirty and having to rummage through the juniors section in hopes of finding something not all twinkly that will fit. [/quote]

Yeah, no kidding! I gave up on women's jeans a long time ago. I buy mens' jeans and get the length I want.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 pm

How about the one-size fits all ??????

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:36 pm

My oldest daughter loves that she has small feet and can buy kids sneakers.
Converse and Sketchers are expensive over here.

I always bought fella's jeans, they fit so much better and longer leg length.
Now my ever increasing butt wont fit them....rats... Twisted Evil

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:44 pm

When I do find a pair of jeans that fit (once every decade or so..lol), I buy several pairs in different colors. It is so frustrating. I am definitely not built for leather pants though. OMG people everywhere would be poking their eyes out with sharps sticks if they would see that. javascript:emoticonp('affraid')
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:56 pm

I at least have become very good at hemming pants when the shortest leg length is 32".
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Do check out the website in the first post ... not only leather jeans ... though $69.00 IS an incredible price ... but denim jeans in several styles, cargo pants, shorts, shirts ... most anything for men AND women.

they tell you to measure your waist, hips, thighs, rise (front and back), knees, and several lengths ... they make your jeans (or pants or shirt) to FIT! Really cool.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:25 pm

My wife has made me several shirts in the past but until she gets out of school the custom seamstress shop is closed. Her and my mom make their annual pilgrimage to the Pendleton Mills factory and buy a lot of the flawed wool. It's about 1/3 the price and most of the flaws are so small you can't see them or can hide them.

I still have a couple dozen wool shirts she has made over the years . They last forever and with my orangutang arms the sleeves are the perfect length.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:08 am

Isn't it amazing how different body shapes are and how clothing manufacturers try to pigeon hole us?

We were just trying to buy suits for my son's wedding. The local stores only had 30" inseams in EVERY waist size. That was unfinished. By the time you hem them they are shorter.

I have three sons. One is a 30"x36" and the other two are 32"x34". Impossible to find.

Also, if the shirts have long enough sleeves you could put two of the boys in there!

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 am

Brent wrote:They last forever and with my orangutang arms the sleeves are the perfect length.

Tell me about it. For a girl I have broad shoulders and longer arms. Most ladies aren't built this way. However my best friend is built the same way so we can point each other in directions of tops to fit our monkey arms. Plain old frustrating....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:25 am

I hate shopping for clothes...period. They don`t make clothes for my size unless you go to the kids dept. Which I do but I`m limited there because I don`t want to "look" like I`m wearing little girl clothes. It`s very frustrating.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 pm

I totally understand the feeling of hating to shop for clothes.

It is so hard for me to find pants that fit me well.

About a year ago I got a catalog from "Woman Within."

I have bought more clothes from them then I think I have from anywhere else.

They have sizes 12W to 44W and their clothes are always true to size and high quality.

Their clothes are so cute too.

I just bought two pairs of searsucker pants for summer for $7.50 per pair on clearance.

Then I found a really cute red plaid button up shirt with tab sleeves(3/4 sleeves but they have a tab so that you can roll up the sleeves, button the tab and make the sleeves short.) I think I paid $10.00 for it.

I ordered a bra from them too and lo and behold it fit great! Bras never seem to fit me right.

Needless to say, I am ordering a second one ASAP!

Really ladies, this is worth checking out. They often have free shipping too.

www.womanwithin.com

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down