migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

broken nose??

+2
pen
dcook60
6 posters

Go down

broken nose?? Empty broken nose??

Post  dcook60 Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:00 pm

hello, pen, and all who are interested,

pen stated in recent post re: her neck, that she was young, bashed in bumper car, and had a bad nosebleed. the doc asked her when she broke her nose. she said she did not.

same thing happened to me; thought i'd share it, because too many people are being told they have "DEVIATED SEPTUMS" and that they must've broken their noses previously.

this is just plain untrue. it turns out that most people's septums are deviated! hardly anyone's is perfectly straight inside. (usually nothing shows on the outside).

this wrong diagnosis caused me personally to have THREE nose/sinus surgeries. maybe none of them was really necessary; i'll never know.

i never had accidents when a child, nor did i break my nose. it was just crooked, and the surgeries did nothing to fix my breathing or constant sniffling. now, at age 70, i have a new ENT who FINALLY gave me what's likely an accurate diagnosis, which is "vasomotor rhinitis".

meaning that my nose and sinuses produce too much "juice" for lack of a better word, and that sets up an ideal environment for my constant infections.

oh, of course, there is no good treatment for this. none of the 12 diagnoses with which i've been labeled have good treatments.

i had neck surgery, and that failed to fix either my neck pain or migraines, but it was necessary because of where the disintegrated disc was located.
"done with surgery" dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

broken nose?? Empty Re: broken nose??

Post  pen Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this Dianne. Very interesting.
I do have a lot of problems with my sinuses.
I think he decided my hose had been broken because i have a bump on it.
A bump which was not there when I was little.
The top of my nose is flat and a little uneven.
Dont know if it is the septum alone or been broken but very interesting Dianne.

Question

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:35 am

Pen-does anyone in your family have the same bump? That would be the first thing to do....see if it is hereditary.

PS I bet the bump is adorable on you. I find I appreciate the little imperfections on people. It makes them unique!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:50 am

lesherb wrote:Pen-does anyone in your family have the same bump? That would be the first thing to do....see if it is hereditary.
PS I bet the bump is adorable on you. I find I appreciate the little imperfections on people. It makes them unique!

Have a look on FB see if you can see it....I think I grew into it.....and no, I didnt have it when I was little and no on else has it I think. We have very upper class noble noses.... lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:13 pm

I actually do have a little indentation in my nose--broke it diving off a high diving platform into shallow water. Maybe that is the reason for my migraines. Idea About as good as any other explanation in my case.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:09 am

My nose has been broken three times and I don't have a bump or any crookedness. My lovely daughter broke it twice, once by falling on me, that cracked my nose away from the cheekbone, and once by kneeing me in the nose while I was bending over to tie her shoe, cracked the side again! She was only 2 the first time and 5 the second. Both just weird accidents.

The third time was dancing and I was dipped and my partner brought me back up right into somebody's elbow. Just about knocked me silly and broke my nose! I was a bit pissed off about that one because I only told him a million times not to dip me when the dance floor was crowded.....but that was the problem with that relationship. He didn't listen! Smile

I massaged the heck out of the bump while it healed so that it would go away and it worked, at least on the outside.

Unfortunately, no relationship to migraines. Had them before my nose was broken and after.

My son has a very deviated septum. It is a dominant trait on his father's side. ALL the H**n men have a crooked nose going back as far as we have photographic proof and further, I'm sure. It's cute but he hates it.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

broken nose?? Empty broken nose?

Post  dizzyflower Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 am

This is really interesting. I was talking only yesterday to someone who was wondering if her broken nose years ago had anything to do with her migraines and we knew someone who had her nose reset because she was told that it had been broken at some time and she hadn't a clue when. It made things better but didn't cure her migraines.

My own nose was blamed a little too but they said the tubes in my nose and ears were a little small - not wonky.

Does this mean there are a lot of us that get pushed into unecessary surgery? How many others do we know that have?

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down