migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe.

5 posters

Go down

More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe. Empty More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe.

Post  Brent Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:42 pm

What a show!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
There is a second pic but it is not letting me hyper link to it.
I would be happy to see either but together would be a rush.

Last edited by Brent on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe. Empty Nature's power & beauty

Post  crt Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Wow! Spectacular.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe. Empty Re: More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe.

Post  pen Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:09 pm

If we could see this it might be some compensation for the chaos of the air space being shut down.
Sadly all we can see is....sky.....
Some ash has fallen in some parts of the uk, and in Scotland they can smell sulphur.
For most of us, lot of airport chaos is all.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe. Empty Re: More aurora pics with the Icelandic volcanoe.

Post  Brent Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:03 am

"We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming"
!

-Immigrant song, Led Zeppelin

Another one from Iceland.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Fantastic pictrues Brent. Thank You.
We do live on the most beautiful of planets. How lucky we are.
Mind you Mother earth seems to be a little troubled at the moment, what with earthquakes and tsunamis, and hurricanes - still no doubt the humanity will survive.

Here in UK we are having beautiful sunsets - dreamy, unreal, diffused light. Fortunately the weather is very good so we can observe this, specially if you live in a hilly area.

I wanted to take some pictures, but I am terribly busy expecting dear and (usually very hungry) visitors to stay with me for few days; cooking getting guest rooms ready and mostly being exited.
I will be also baking your excellent sour dough bread. I think of you every time I bake it since I always call it in my mind: Brent's bread recipe! The best part is that it keeps fresh so long.
It is so easy - you just throw in all the ingredients, and it makes itself.
Keep sending those pictures

Senna

Last edited by Senna on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Great pictures, Brent, as usual!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:33 pm

If you get any pics of the red sunsets be sure to post them. The sourdough bread tastes the best if you bake it in a dutch oven with charcoal.

One of my secrets for sourdough bread is at the halfway point in baking coat the crust with butter. Then through a few ice cubes onto the bottom of the oven. It makes the crust a bit thicker but gives that perfect chew texture.

Like this.

Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:14 am

Mmmmmm...This looks delicious, Brent, it makes me hungry.

Sadly I have no Dutch oven here in England, but I have managed after few tries to get something almost as good looking as yours in a conventional ove and it tasted really great.

To get the right crust is not easy. I sometimes brush the top with some water half way through, so the crust does not get too thick.

But I will try the butter, as well.
I like to experiment with things like this, and this is a good recipe for such expriments as people have different tastes. But you need a good reciep in the first place.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:25 pm

This is the one I have. The price is about $30-$40 less then in the local stores. I don't know how much the shipping would be tot he UK. Or even when it could ship.

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Texsport-8-quart-Cast-Iron-Dutch-Oven/4412998/product.html
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Not a red sunset in sight over here Brent. Went out with the camera, and got nothing but a reddish blur.
Not sure why, but not even as good as our usual sunsets.
If I get any I will post them for sure.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down