migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some amazing Aurora Borealis pics from AK

+6
Richard
moominamy
pen
tecky
Senna
Brent
10 posters

Go down

Some amazing Aurora Borealis pics from AK Empty Some amazing Aurora Borealis pics from AK

Post  Brent Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:19 am

My sister in law lives in North Pole AK and her friend got these pics last week. Starting last Monday there was a massive solar storm on the sun. The stronger the particle discharge the more intense the Northern lights are.

These pics were taken from Cleary Summit which is about 20 miles north of Fairbanks and at an elevation of about 2000'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't want to eat up too much bandwidth so I hosted the rest of them on my Photobucket page.

https://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/BrentFinnigan/Northern%20lights/
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Some amazing Aurora Borealis pics from AK Empty Re: Some amazing Aurora Borealis pics from AK

Post  Senna Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Fantastic pictures, Brent. Magical. Thank you for posting
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Some amazing Aurora Borealis pics from AK Empty Re: Some amazing Aurora Borealis pics from AK

Post  tecky Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 pm

What awesome pictures, Brent!! They take one's breath away.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. I would love to see this one day....on my list for when I am better.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Simply stunning! Maybe I should think about a trip to Lapland and surrounds for our little one when s/he is older, to see Father Christmas santa Hadn't thought of that before, now you have me planning it out in my mind - it could be so cute.

Love seeing your pics

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Makes me homesick.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm

I only saw them once when I was 19 and working night security at an amusement park. The sky was glowing green the to red and back to green. I thought I was just tired and my eyes were not working good. But the two others I worked with also saw it.

There have been a few times they have gone farther south but it was always overcast here in WA. But the sun is waking up after being calm for several years and should be puking out more storms. My wife and I will be visiting her sis in North Pole within the next year but it would be shear luck to be there and see the aurora.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 am

Absolutely beautiful. I've never seen it before and the descriptions are woefully inadequate now that I've seen photos. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 am

I grew up in Southern Alberta, where the AB come out to play quite frequently. However, I had never seen them.

I saw them the very first time on the night of my baby brother's funeral.

They take your breath away.

I then was fortunate enough to travel to Yellowknife North West Territories and see them every night. So Beautiful!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 am

Those are awesome, truly awesome.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  susan99 Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:10 pm

oh my gosh, beautiful!

susan99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down