migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laser eyes!

+4
Chinookgrl
HeelerLady
Paradox
lizholmesod
8 posters

Go down

Laser eyes! Empty Laser eyes!

Post  lizholmesod Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:26 am

Has anyone here had laser eye surgery? I'm bigtime myopic and have been musing on it for weeks now but want to know success stories! Be sensitive with the fail stories if there are any!
LHx Cool

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

Laser eyes! Empty Re: Laser eyes!

Post  Paradox Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:37 am

Hey Liz,

My son had it done when he was 20 (early college grad. present). He said it was the best thing he has ever done. He said it's the little things that he appreciates, not having to put his glasses on in the middle of the night to see what time it is. Not running out of contacts because he forgot to order some (or didn't have the money to order some). Not getting dust in his contacts when playing sports.

He was basically blind w/o his glasses. Poor kid is a throw-back somewhere, neither his Dad or I needed glasses until we were 45 and still get away with cheaters.

He has been recommending it it to everyone. His fiance is saving up so she can have it done. I don't remember which procedure he had done, but I'd be happy to check with him for you.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:49 am

I seriously considered it and had the screening done and am a candidate. Then the constant M hit. I am sensitive to light anyway and haven't been able to wear my contacts for a long time (make sensitivity worse) then add photophobia to that. While those I know that have had it, they do recommend it to everyone. However, they are even more sensitive to light. For me, I gave up on it. At least until I get the M monster under control, I just can't subject myself to having to wear sunglasses everywhere. Right now it's tempting, I'd like to take the fluorescent light above me out.

If this isn't a problem for you - GO FOR IT! I'd still love to...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Laser eyes! Empty laser eyes

Post  Chinookgrl Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:25 pm

I had it done about 12 years ago, when I was in University. For me it has been great! It is so nice to be able to run, play soccer (when I can) without contacts or glasses. I had no complications and came out 20/20. I have a little halo around lights when driving at night but nothing significant. My sister in law just had it done as well and is really happy with it.

Be sure to research the clinic and the actual doc doing the surgery very well. There can be complications, so just like anything weigh the odds.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:01 pm

How much would you pay for an honest to God miracle?

I wore thick glasses since the 4th grade and bifocals for ten years. then in 2000 I had the surgery .... cost $6000 USD then and only $3,000 USD now. A BARGAIN then and now !!

I can SEE !!! You cannot imagine how miraculous it is to be able to SEE !!!

My left eye is corrected for reading and my right eye for distance. I do NOT need glasses to drive, read, watch TV, work ont eh computer ... I can SEE !!

I do wear distance glasses for live plays and to drive - I want crystal clear vision then ... but normally I can see just fine with NO GLASSES !!

I am EXTREMELY photophobic and have huge collection of sunglasses - which I enjoy wearing whenever I am outside. Plus I like the way I look in sunglasses.

How much would YOU pay for a genuine miracle ????

Just do it !! I am so glad I did.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm in the same boat as you are. I will have it done eventually. I have only heard one bad story--rest of them have been very positive. Because I am very nearsited, my eye doctor does say there is a greater risk of retinal detachment, so I keeping plugging along with my contacts. I can only imagine how great it would be to have perfect eyes. It isn't even that expensive anymore and you can do it with payments at some places. I'm sure once we get it done, we will wonder why we waited so long.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 am

My husband had it done seven years ago. He also said it was the best thing he ever did. He wore glasses since he was eleven years old. I was there and able to video the whole thing. He kept his eyes shut for four hours after except for when I had to put antibiotics in and anti inflamitory drops in every hour.

Funny story here. My oldest daughter at the time was eight years old. My husband and I were just dating then and I had to go up and get his truck later that day when my neighbor could drive me up. I told my duaghter to watch my husband and guide him if he needs to go anywhere.

Well, as luck would have it, he had to go to the bathroom. My daughter gets him there and just before he starts he realized he did not hear her leave. He askes if she is still there? My daughter answers yes, I am waiting here in the corner. ha! My husband explained as well as he could that she needed to wait outside the bathroom door. Oh the young and innocent!

Good luck. I feel you will be just as pleased with the results. That weekend my daughters had soccer games. He was thrilled that he could read their numbers on the backs of their jerseys.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  lizholmesod Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 am

Awwwwww thanks guys!!
I knew I could count on you for honest opinions. I'm so very nearly decided and think I'm going to go for it. In some ways I'll miss the close-up detail I can see in (getting splinters out, threading fine needles, and cutting split ends are a breeze with my mega short-sight) but overall, the pleasure of simply opening my eyes and being able to SEE will indeed seem like a miracle I'm sure!

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 am

I'm happy for you. I look forward to the day I do it. And yes, that close up stuff is nice, but, I would rather see far away any day.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 pm

I had the surgery about six years ago.

I too can sing the praises of it! It was the best money I have ever spent.

One thing though...I did see a huge increase in my migraines AFTER the surgery.

My eyes were very sensitive before the surgery, and oddly enough, they became less sensitive after the surgery (such as when I'm in bright sunlight).

I'd do some research to make sure there is no link with migraines though, as I said, mine got much worse after the surgery. But then again, it could have been a coincidence.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down