migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

having eyes dilated

4 posters

Go down

having eyes dilated Empty having eyes dilated

Post  mattie Mon May 30, 2016 9:43 am

I've noticed over the years that when I have a visual check & they dilate my pupils I feel nauseous for a few minutes. The dilation drops are epinephrine free. Does anyone else experience this?

mattie

Back to top Go down

having eyes dilated Empty Re: having eyes dilated

Post  tortoisegirl Mon May 30, 2016 10:48 am

I've actually never had my eyes dilated. At one time they didn't think it was necessary, and now I see an eye doctor which uses a machine called Optimap which takes really high quality photos of the back of the eye so they can avoid eye dilation (and apparently its even better).

If its an issue for you, you may want to seek out an eye doctor which uses that device. Note that my vision insurance doesn't cover it so its about $30 extra, but only every 2 years for me so I don't mind. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Mon May 30, 2016 12:34 pm

I've heard about Optimap but for some reason I thought you still had to have dilation for certain things. I'll check it out. Thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Mon May 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Agreed there may still be medical reasons someone may need their eyes dilated.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ConcordGrape Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Mattie--I've never felt nauseous with eye drops BUT on a somewhat unrelated note a doctor pointed out that one of my pupils was larger than the other during an exam. I'm trying to figure out if this relates to my migraines because another day at school a classmate pointed it out and the pupil was larger on that side.
ConcordGrape
ConcordGrape

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:17 am

One pupil is always larger even when not dilated. That does seem odd. Does the doctor know the reason.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  BillH Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:35 am

I get dilation every year for another condition, but the Dr. is wonderful, takes all the possible precautions to ease my pain. I did get a full blown Migraine from a machine that the Assistant insist I get 'scanned' by. I was there for almost 8 hours and through a lot of pain I finally was able to function enough to get home. must be ever vigilant and stand up for yourself...
=BillH

BillH

Back to top Go down

Post  ConcordGrape Sun May 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Hey Mattie, sorry I missed your question! My dr told me it can be hereditary, and after talking to my mom I found out that one of her pupils is also larger than the other. Totally benign as far as I know.

Cheers, CG
ConcordGrape
ConcordGrape

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down