migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure what to do- nothing is working- neuro appt tomorrow-need advice

3 posters

Go down

Not sure what to do- nothing is working- neuro appt tomorrow-need advice Empty Not sure what to do- nothing is working- neuro appt tomorrow-need advice

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi All,

I am not at all sure what to do right now. The meds either do not work well or only take the edge off- it has been this way for several ,months. It seems like no matter what I do, or how well I explain the situation, I am stuck in this cycle of terrible pain. I do my best to work through it, but it is getting much more difficult to deal with the headaches, especially when dealing with fainting too. At the moment, the pain level is at a 9.5 and nothing I have is bringing it down.

I see my neurologist tomorrow and am trying to figure out how to get the point across. I think the best way is to simply lay the cards on the table and make it clear that I can't function or have any quality of life while in this much pain. I know that my neuro is not my pain manager, but I think I will ask him is he knows anyone else- either here of birmingham- who would be willing to treat the pain a little more aggressively. I just think it might be time for a second opinion regarding pain control as the current regimen is not effective. Does this sound reasonable to you? ]

I am just really frustrated and scared between the constant fainting and headaches, that I do not know what to do. I just some answers and some serious help.

I am also trying some of the herbal remedies - Peppermint tea (helps some), Ginger, Rosemary, and passionfruit. as well as B2 and salt.

I love to hear your ideas.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Not sure what to do- nothing is working- neuro appt tomorrow-need advice Empty Re: Not sure what to do- nothing is working- neuro appt tomorrow-need advice

Post  Anna's Mom Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:27 pm

I'm sorry it is so hard for you to get decent pain control.

I just wanted to mention a book that I bought on Amazon.

It is called, "God Needs Me--Living With Dysautonomia."

What is interesting is that the author lives in Alabama, and she writes about her doctors there.

Just thought you'd be interested.

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible continued pain.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Not sure what to do- nothing is working- neuro appt tomorrow-need advice Empty Re: Not sure what to do- nothing is working- neuro appt tomorrow-need advice

Post  sherri b Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Here I am thinking I'm going to write about how bad I have been, and I find someone worse than I! Just like they say, there is always someone worse than we are.

I feel so bad, I am in a similar feeling, but I do not faint. I pray you can find some help! Must be awful for you.

I have been in pain everyday for months also. I just did 2 weeks of a steroid, and I'm good as long as I'm taking it, but today is my last day, last week when I finished up, the pain all came back, I can feel it beginning to come back already.

There has to be something out there that can help us. I have dhe now to try when I finished with the steroid. Here we go! Drug after drug, and nothing is helping yet...

Gosh, I hope you get some relief! The fainting must be terrible. I pray, that God would move on your behalf!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi,

Cheryl, thanks so much for the book reccomendation. I just ordered it from Amazon- it should be interesting to read.

I am not sure what I would do without all of the support on this page. Right now, the headache and fainting are horrendous. I think I am just going to lay all the cards on the table- no sugar coating, just sheer reality- when I see my doctor tomorrow and see if we can come up with a plan to deal with the headaches and the horrendous pain. I don't know what else to do. I just know this is not okl.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down