migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on neuro appt and fainting

2 posters

Go down

Update on neuro appt and fainting Empty Update on neuro appt and fainting

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi All,

I just thought I would post a quick update about the neuro visit and the fainting problem.

I saw my neuro's PA on Wendesday.

The results of the EEG came back normal. This is good in that it rules out a seizure disorder, but somewhat annoying as it doesn't give a clear answer.
She did say she was going to send a note to the cardiologist because she was a little concerned that I was tachycardic- heart rate was 105 while sitting in a chair. I passed out about 5 minutes later and she witnessed that. Still, maybe they will listen to another dr.
We also went over the whole medication thing. Right now, I am taking Ultram for pain, Pristiq and Zanaflex for prevention, and some as needed meds. (Benedryl and Zofran and Phenergan injections for nausea.) I am taking Klonopin and Tylenol #3 for the really bad ones. I have found that I usually need it 2-3 days a week. Both she and the neuro are ok with that-and I am glad that I can have it when needed. I asked her if she thought it was the medication and she said "no. But the whole thing is baffling."

Also, if needed, I can call and schedule the Depakan IV. She wants to see how things go before we talk about a series of Depakan IVs. (That would involve either hospitalizing me or having the home health agency do it at home and we are not at that point yet.)

I think it went well. I am glad that I have the local neuro on board. I am, however, having trouble getting records from Cleveland. The one report I do have is not accurate. In fact as my father pointed out, in the H & P, under headaches, he wrote "No.' So, I will have to get that corrected.

The head is pretty bad right now. i am waiting for the meds to kick in and resting.

I'd love any advice.

Pain free days,
sailing

Pain free days,
sconesail
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Update on neuro appt and fainting Empty Re: Update on neuro appt and fainting

Post  BabySeal Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Glad they are getting the ball rolling on some things! Hope it all gets sorted soon! Good Luck!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down