migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need to vent, LOL

4 posters

Go down

I need to vent, LOL Empty I need to vent, LOL

Post  Kate Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 am

I hate having bad migraines when I`m going through other emotional pains in life. It just adds on to my emotions. I can`t cry because it will make my head worse. A lot of people in this world are so callous. They have the "pull up your boot straps" mentality. Like they would pull up their bootstraps when they feel like this. They are such hypocrites....

The fact is that it takes emotional strength just to get up in the morning after 3 weeks of a bad m.We are stronger than most people give us credit for. To others, I seem normal because I can fake it good. They just don`t get it...

I had one gal tell me that I should come to the events they had at church inspite of how I felt because she gets headaches everyday and she comes. I can almost bet that she never gets them like I do, because there was a time when I use to get migraines that weren`t as bad as they are now and I was able to overlook it. What she didn`t get is the fact that I do get up every morning inspite of how I feel.

Prior to her saying this to me, I was the one who was trying to comfort and encourage her through an emotional time that she was having in her life. But I didn`t get the same thing back from her. I just don`t get it...

Kate

Back to top Go down

I need to vent, LOL Empty Re: I need to vent, LOL

Post  Anna Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:05 pm

You're doing great, Kate. Sometimes the time comes to stuff our ears with cotton!!!

Anna
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 pm

You`re right about the cotton. I need to invest in a lot of it, lol.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Ear plugs work great too. Smile You can put those babies in and no one is the wiser - you just have to look like you are paying attention all the time though. Wink

There are hypocrites every where...while a lot of people get migraines, they don't experience them at our level. Just smile and nod - say it depends on how I feel that day. Sorry you've got a Lot in your life - one who expects you to drop everything to help them but acts more like a leech once you're there.

Hang it there.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm

I agree with Heelerlady! I feel like you, and I have to say, it's hard when you can't cry because you know it's gonna hurt your head! Yep, I'm there too, and I hate it!

I just tell people, you know what, I never know how I am going to feel so I don't make plans or commit to anything anymore because I can't.

And that's the truth, if they want to judge us, so be it. I went a counciler over the migraines too. He told me I need to take care of myself better. Don't put myself in situations that are going to be bad for me. Loud noise, being out to late ect. he said suggest to your husband that you will drive also so you can leave when you have to. (my husband has been better lately) he also told me if it offends someone so what. I am to take care of myself. I think he is so right

It is good to vent! Especially when people understand, and we all do here!

Blessings,
Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down