migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever

5 posters

Go down

Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever Empty Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:37 am

Hi All,

Since sunday night, I have been battling on heck of a migraine/cluster attack.

I don't know what to do anymore besides what I am already doing. It has been nearly impossible to get out of bed the past few days. I am basically stuck taking zanaflex (normally, I only take zanaflex at night, but this is the only thing that is helping the pain.} and tylenol 3 every four hours for this one. Last night, I started to get pretty sick to my stomach, luckily gaviscon, pepcid, and ginger are helping that and I have been able to avoid using the phenergan injections.

I have an IV of Depakan scheduled on Monday and I am just going to try and make it till then. My parents know it is bad because they agree with the staying down/resting/ quiet dark room thing. Usually, my philiosophy is to get up and do stuff, but I cant.

I really can't remember a headache that had me in bed for this long. 3 days- (i had an appt with my dr on Mon. and helped with thanksgiving wed.}.

I'd love any advice. Thanks for letting me vent.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever Empty Re: Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever

Post  chrissypalgal Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 am

I know what you are going through, been there. I don't have any great advise but to hang in there.
chrissypalgal
chrissypalgal

http://throughthewordsofchronicpain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever Empty Re: Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever

Post  Petzi Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:57 am

What I usually do when I am at the brink of banging my head against the wall in desperation is the following: I take my medication (triptan or painkiller), hop into a hot bath, have a good sob and cry and get somebody to give me a back and foot massage. The combination of all of this releases enough tension to let me fall asleep with an icepack on my head and hopefully I will wake up feeling better.

Not really a very scientific approach, but it does help on occasions.

I hope you will feel better soon.

Love

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Vent and need some help- in the midst of one of my worst M's ever Empty Vent all you want

Post  Mini Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:05 am

I am sorry I cannot offer any advice since I am not familiar with your mediccation, but I just want to say that I am so sorry that you are in such bad pain.
Petzi's advice makes sense, if you can bear the hot bath - if not make it comfortable and realxing. I do find that bath generally helps with the circulation, so you never know...
Do let us know how you are - and keep venting as much as you want.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice.

I did take a bath and it helped. I have still spent most of the day curled up in a ball of pain. The gaviscon, pepcid, and ginger are keeping the nausea down. Nothing I have is doing much for the pain. Zanaflex makes me sleepy and that does help. Tylenol 3 is keeping me from going completely out of mind with pain.

Trying to hang in there till monday. Hopefully, I will be able to curl up in pjs and go to bed early- maybe that will help?

Ahhhh! I really hate this.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Sailing muffin

So sorry for the miserable times! Is there nothing they can prescribe that will help you other than the IVs? As you are experiencing, having to wait so long is pretty unbearable. I would think there might be something else they could give for times like this...
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:34 am

Hi,

I have never had one quite like this, but I will ask my dr about something to take until the I can get an IV. This week, it has been Tylenol 3, zanaflex, and a few percocet that have helped most. At one time, I was on long acting morphine, but for several reasons do not want to go back on that. I will ask about possibly having some for really bad attacks, though.

Meanwhile, I am going to hang in there till Monday.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 am

Hi All,

I had the IV of Depacon yesterday. This will usually break or at least greatly diminish the migraine for me. It knocked the pain down from a solid ten to a 8.5/9.

I am still pretty miserable and have no clue what to do about it. Nothing is helping.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down