migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prescribed meds for ear infection - will I get MOH?

2 posters

Go down

prescribed meds for ear infection - will I get MOH? Empty prescribed meds for ear infection - will I get MOH?

Post  Jangel Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi folks~ I have chronic, almost daily migraine and mixed HAs. I am careful about not using pain meds, OTCS or rescues more than 2-3 times a week.

But, now I am miserable with an ear infection and must take NSAIDS for the inflammation and tylenol w/codeine for the pain. I am wary to take these, but the infection is awful and I have to do something. I've been taking these for the past 3 days..

Now today, I have a HA on top of it all and wonder if taking all these meds is putting me in rebound. What to do? What have any of you done when in this position? Have you had any trouble with MOH after taking meds for another condition?

Thanks all and here's to us all feeling better soon.
Jane cat
Jangel
Jangel

Back to top Go down

prescribed meds for ear infection - will I get MOH? Empty Re: prescribed meds for ear infection - will I get MOH?

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Jane,

Sorry to hear about your ear infection. Those can be KILLER!!!! I would not drive yourself nuts worrying about MOH. If it happens in a case like yours, when you temporarily added things to kill a virus or infection, even if your head pain today is MOH, it will not be a forever problem because you will soon get back into your regular regimen and things will be ok.

I think the worry we read about here in terms of Rebound/MOH is over of our REGULAR REGIMEN of meds are causing an on-going cycle of MOH/pain meds.

Good Luck. I hope your ear infection clears quickly!! DOn't stress yourself. If your ear hurts take something. You will be able to sort it all out once your feeling better!!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down