migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Synus Infection/Migraine - I am confused

5 posters

Go down

Synus Infection/Migraine - I am confused Empty Synus Infection/Migraine - I am confused

Post  Ivy Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:18 am

I've had migraine for 2 entire weeks and each time I have aborted it with cafergot.
Cafergot has worked well and fast any time.

Last Friday, I had a horrible ear pain; I saw my GP who told me that I had an ear AND synus infection.
She prescribed antibiotics and something to melt the mucus.
Well, for the last two days my head has been much better. No migraine and no pressure pain.
So, apparently, some of my continous migraines were actually linked or due to this synus infection.

I say apparently because I can't explain why cafergot - which is not an anti-inflammtory - worked well. It should do nothing for synus, it's a blood vessel constrictor.

The only explanation that I can find is that the synus infection/inflammation triggered the typical vasomotory migraine that I suffer from.

Have a nice day
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Synus Infection/Migraine - I am confused Empty Re: Synus Infection/Migraine - I am confused

Post  pen Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Ivy I have twice had anti bios for never ending headache/migraine with pain in my teeth and cheek.
My GP gave me the antis as a sort of "let's see" thing. They really helped.
They didnt take away the migraines, but I stopped waking with an axe man in my head every morning.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Synus Infection/Migraine - I am confused Empty Re: Synus Infection/Migraine - I am confused

Post  lesherb Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am

My migraines were diagnosed as sinus headaches until I was 30. An over the counter sinus medication used to help me if I took it early in the process but it never cured a true humdinger.

I believe swelling of sinus membranes can trigger migraine headache.

I also believe migraine is a symptom we all here suffer but the actual disease we have has not be diagnosed (meaning there are a number of things that cause migraine headaches).
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:55 pm

I also found that a sinus infection will lead to migraine problems. Basically it is starting you off down that wonderful road to a headache and your body keeps right on going into full migraine.

Pen, the symptoms you describe with your teeth and jaw sound a lot like TMJ which can lead to headaches and migraine. Have you ever had that checked?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Something to consider is that when we're ill, we're more susceptible to Migraine triggers. It's possible that there's something that's a trigger, but not strong enough to start a Migraine when you're not ill.

Teri

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down