migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short little vent

+2
Brenda
Married to my Migraine
6 posters

Go down

Short little vent Empty Short little vent

Post  Married to my Migraine Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Just done. Had it with doctors. Had it with medicines. No one seems to want to put me out of my misery. I have lost who I was. Lost it to the pain. Just done. Don't worry not suicidal. Just venting.
Married to my Migraine
Married to my Migraine

Back to top Go down

Short little vent Empty Re: Short little vent

Post  Brenda Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Over my 36 year history with migraines, I've felt this way many times. Every 5 or so years, I just want to throw in the towel. Hang in there, hoping for better days ahead for you.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes, it gets tiresome dealing with these things.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:07 pm

like brenda, above, my history is a long one (43 years now). i also kinda gave up on doctors and meds. and many, many times i've felt like giving up, also.

this is a horrible way to live, especially now that my migraines are daily. and NO, it's not because of medication overuse, as some arrogant (SOB) neurologists insist. hell, i didn't even take one aspirin for the first 25 years. they have no idea, do they? if they had just one migraine of their own, a really hideous one, they might have some compassion. but maybe not.

i guess the only thing to do is to keep one's eyes and ears open to any new "something" that seems reasonable. believe me, i've tried thousands upon thousands of $ worth of medical and non-medical/alternative things.

the answer for me, to enable me to work 25-30 hours/week at age 72, is to get some SLEEP! for me, better sleep equals less head pain. simple. but hard to do without drugs so yes, i take an addictive sleep drug (i believe all the sleep drugs are pretty much addictive. )

so what, i say, if it works?? fortunately, i have a lovely internist now who gets the whole scenario, and understands my history, because he is a listener. so rare! and he gives me whatever reasonable amount of both sleep drugs and triptans i require. he doesn't hassle me about the amount of drugs i take. wow! keep looking; hopefully you will also find a wonderful doc like this.

dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:43 pm

I've been lucky enough to find a compassionate doctor as well. He's very kind and knows how much pain I'm in and he tries very hard to help. He's not above asking me if I heard of anything new as far as treatments go. He told me once, I'm probably the biggest expert in migraines that he knows.

I know that it's very helpful to me that he gets cluster headaches. He's told me he doesn't know how I even function as many days as I have migraines. He said he's been extremely fortunate that his almost always strike during the night. He can get up, take his meds, and go back to bed. He's only ever missed 1/2 day of work for them.... but still, he understands the horrendous pain involved.

Even though he is compassionate, I still have times where I'm just fed up and ask myself why try to find a treatment. Nothing works long term anyway. I just have hope that someday I'll find a magic bullet. If I ever lose that hope completely, I'd have problems dealing.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Married to my Migraine Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Diagnosed in 1997. Haven't worked since 2006. Received disability in 2010. One bright spot.

Just tired, as we all are, of being told I can't have anything for the pain, not being listened to, trying the same damn meds over and over.

Never get any relief from the pain. Have CDH plus nice big migraines 2 to 3 times a month.

I get tired of hearing myself whine. Just glad we have somewhere to go to whine.

Happy New Year everyone. Maybe 2012 will be the year we all find something that works.
Married to my Migraine
Married to my Migraine

Back to top Go down

Post  fxky Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:55 pm

I feel like that sometimes. I feel like just stoping my meds and doctor visits and just keep taking ergotamine when my head hurts, at least I had more of a life when I took them daily, now I'm only allowed 3 per week, 4 if I'm in terrible pain, and it sucks. I told this to my doctor and now he wants inyect me with botox, well see what happens.

fxky

Back to top Go down

Post  MK1920 Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:58 am

I'm there with you. Just found this forum out of frustration as I feel no one else really understands. It's very hard to keep up work and normal daily routines. Sometimes I feel like just stopping and crawling into a dark corner.
Sorry, I sound depressed! I'm really not but over this migraine (3 weeks and still going).
So glad I can relate to others in similar situations.

MK1920

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Yep, going on over a month with only little relief some days. This is when I start to get pissed...

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down