migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

frequent one sided pain

4 posters

Go down

frequent one sided pain Empty frequent one sided pain

Post  mattie Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:02 am

I've been having pain on one side of my head for awhile that is not a migraine or at least I don't have an aura with it. I feel pulsating in my temple same as I do with a migraine. I've noticed that it starts if I have to raise my voice (DH doesn't hear well). If I stay calm I don't have the problem but it's impossible not to have stress. I did not notice this until I had an optic nerve hemorrhage which dr's are watching. Could years of migraines cause a weak blood vessel? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

frequent one sided pain Empty Re: frequent one sided pain

Post  k8ate Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:23 pm

I do have one-sided pain too, and I think it is just irritation of the nerves by the temporal artery, but I don't know for sure.

k8ate

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Is it possibly a migraine without aura? Mine are like that, and I can bring them on by raising my voice.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks for your replies. It feels like a migraine but not as painful. It is so different than what I usually experience.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Only some people get migraine with aura, many don't.
Migriane takes many forms, and your one sided pain sounds very much like a migraine.

Mine has changed in terms of pain intesity and aura, and travelling all over my head, over the years but I was told by my neurologist that they are just different forms of migraine. I even get painless migraines. This condition is not easy to grasp.

I hope your head is now getting better, Matti.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down