migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much better-except one sided aura??

5 posters

Go down

Much better-except one sided aura?? Empty Much better-except one sided aura??

Post  AngelTree Fri May 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi guys,

So happy to report that I'm much better with my migraines. I'm not in pain at all, and I'm not had trouble talking recently since taking 300m neurontin along with Cardizem. The thing is I've had some of my worse auras. I threw up (I rarely throw up), and this week I've had left hand/neck numbness and pain three times. I've had this aura before, but it's been over a year, and I usually don't get it that often.

Does anyone know if the meds work better for the headache part than the aura?

Thanks,

Angel

AngelTree

Back to top Go down

Much better-except one sided aura?? Empty Much better-except one sided aura??

Post  WitsEnd Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi,

Sorry but I don't know much of these meds you mention, have you tried a google search? Smile
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Much better-except one sided aura?? Empty Re: Much better-except one sided aura??

Post  HeelerLady Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:39 am

Angel,

I take the neurontin for pain and just as needed. I think I'm an odd duck in this manner but it does manage the pain pretty well. I can't help with the aura - I don't have much for aura and just get nailed with M.

Hopefully someone else will have another suggestion for you.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Much better-except one sided aura?? Empty Re: Much better-except one sided aura??

Post  newtothis Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:31 am

I get mostly aura but i'm not familiar with either of the drugs you mentioned. Sorry

Debbie
newtothis
newtothis

Back to top Go down

Much better-except one sided aura?? Empty meds

Post  dawn.binks Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:50 am

i asked my neuro and with triptans they do thats why you wait till the pain starts to take one not in the aura stage but they do ultimately stop the migraine cycle. they are not painkillers tho but do still work only once pain comes!!!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down