migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequent nosebleeds....

4 posters

Go down

Frequent nosebleeds.... Empty Frequent nosebleeds....

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:43 pm

I used to have at least one once a week, or two weeks, which I attributed to Topamax (it's possible)
but then I started experimenting with humidifier on the account of my overly dry complexion and coincidentally discovered that my nosebleeds virtually disappeared!

Since I remembered that some of you also suffered from frequent and unexplained nosebleeds, may I suggest to invest into a good quiet humidifier and keep it in your bedroom every night on.

It made a huge difference for me, and it sufficed to have it just two nights turned off for the nose to start bleed again.

I am not saying the dry air is the only reason for the bleeding but I reason it's possible that whatever causes it is aggravated by the dry air,
so keeping the room humid helps to keep the delicate nose's membrane moisturized.
geez I hope I make any sense as I have a tad of M and the brain started to buzz from P ... whooo....Frequent nosebleeds.... Bats_011

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Frequent nosebleeds.... Empty Re: Frequent nosebleeds....

Post  Kate Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:24 pm

My ds gets nose bleeds. It`s due to the dry air we have here. We live in a very dry climate. He uses that saline for your nose and it helps a lot.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:50 pm

I use the saline and a humidifier in my room at night as well as one in the house at all times. Risa, I have never had such a problem until I started taking topamax. Just realized it now that you mentioned. I wonder if it is related. As you say, it is possible! Shocked
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:39 pm

I have researched under 'Tomapax+ nosebleeds'
and some sites came up with nosebleeds as s/f of Topamax, so it certainly can be a legitimate side effect.

I just mean we can not be sure whether or not we have it as side effect exactly from T., but hey if it happened around the time we started taking it, then more likely than not, yes we do..

Still, using humidifier helps, and thanks for that.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Frequent nosebleeds.... Empty nosebleeds

Post  lentils Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 am

I have been getting occasional nosebleeds and bloody mucous since I started taking topamax, also.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down