migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to try a full day at work - SCARED!

4 posters

Go down

Going to try a full day at work - SCARED! Empty Going to try a full day at work - SCARED!

Post  Tamsha101 Sun May 08, 2011 12:58 pm

After 2 months of disability and 3 months of part-time afternoons my doctor has okayed me to try one full day of work on Tuesday. I'm petrified! I am so used to sleeping in until 8 (never later as I set my alarm) and having the morning to ease into my work afternoon. 6:00 am wakeup is going to be brutal. I'm sure too that I won't sleep Monday night at all because I'll be anxious ABOUT the wake up. I am SO tired of this frickin disease!

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Going to try a full day at work - SCARED! Empty Re: Going to try a full day at work - SCARED!

Post  Migrainegirl Sun May 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Maybe try getting up 1 hour earlier on Monday so Tuesday won't be such a shock to the system.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Going to try a full day at work - SCARED! Empty Re: Going to try a full day at work - SCARED!

Post  lissy Mon May 09, 2011 7:33 am

Best of luck. Thinking of you :-)
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  living Mon May 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Is it Tuesday there yet? Are you in Australia? Lol! Can't recall where you live...It's Tuesday here now. 09:20 am. Thinking of you.

living

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsha101 Mon May 09, 2011 7:16 pm

LOL - no, Canada. Still have the night to go! Thanks for your support!

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Post  living Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 pm

What is it about trying the full day that petrifies you? You only mentioned the wakeup in your post. I wondered is it fear of getting ill and not being able to care for yourself? Or fear of having to go home and that causing a problem at work? Or is it something else as well? Or everything?

Maybe if you get everything ready, breakfast, clothes, shoes, handbag - everything - Monday night (last night? lol weird), when you wake up, although it's a shock, you know you just have to step into the already prepared stuff and walk out the door. You can even have your cereal in a bowl in the fridge waiting for its milk - or whatever you have for breakfast. Maybe, by having everything ready the night before you'll be able to sleep a little longer? Not sure. Just ideas.

Good luck!

EDIT: just checked the time in Ontario Canada - 9:23pm! You should be in bed young lady... rendeer
EDIT: Oh but only 7:23 in Saskatchewan...hmmm Laughing

living

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsha101 Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 am

Well, so much for THAT! I tossed and turned all night - probably stressed about having to get up at 6 am, not sure. Woke up every hour on the hour. At 4 am I finally left my boss a voicemail that this morning was not going to happen. I went to bed with a bid of a headache and now have a migraine this morning Sad

I am SO sick of this disease. When I think back to last spring I was on vacation with a bunch of my friends, having a great time, everything was normal and now I'm suffering through this crap - can't even get up at 6 am to go to work! Scared of losing my job, my anxiety is thru the roof right now. Been a bad few hours. Sad

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Post  living Tue May 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Sorry to hear that Tam. What stands out more than your head in your writing though is the anxiety that seems to have held you back from sleep last night. You expected it to hold you back and it did. And of course, that kind of extreme anxiety and stress is not going to be doing you any favours.

I wonder if there's a way for you to ease back into work without the anxiety - what if you quietly, without telling anyone, decide for yourself to try a full day and just turn up. Perhaps you could ease into to the wake up first, without getting out of bed - just set the alarm. Then you could start the 'get up' after the wake up. Getting your mind and body used to the process over a week should reduce your fears about what the 6am change will do to your migraines. Then you could turn up to work after a week or so of this practice...not sure what you do and whether that's appropriate. But I think that this anxiety is your enemy at the moment. It may be justified anxiety, but it may be an added burden that you can work through and leave behind.

living

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. This disease does suck and it was only 18months ago that I was relatively "care free" and living without migraines. Perhaps you need to also try doing something really relaxing before you go to bed? Maybe a warm bath or even a gentle walk if you can to relax? Have you tried meditiation? That can also be useful but I know how hard it is to switch the brain off!
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsha101 Tue May 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Great ideas everyone - thanks! For the rest of the week I'm just going to work my usual afternoons since my "baby" graduates high school this week and has her ceremony and banquet Thursday and Saturday night. I dont want anything to interfere with my attendance. My son didnt graduate so I've been looking forward to this for a long, long time.

I know anxiety is a huge trigger for me. I need to get it under control. I have an appt to see a counselor on May 25th so I'm hoping she'll be able to help. Right now I'm exercising daily for 30 minutes, I do yoga once a week, massage therapy every 2 weeks, TRYING to remember my breathing exercises, hot bath and reading before bed and of course the Klonipin and backup Ativan doesnt hurt. There was a time when the only drug I used was the occasional Advil. Now I feel like a complete junkie!

Do the rest of you have high stress and anxiety as triggers? How do you cope?

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down