migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scared i might be fired, AGAIN

+2
jwar
hunter46
6 posters

Go down

Scared i might be fired, AGAIN Empty Scared i might be fired, AGAIN

Post  hunter46 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:22 am

I just couldnt get out of bed this morning, due to a horrible M. its at like an 8 now, but was at a 10. Was sick, dizzy and couldn't focus on anything, so called my HR and let her know that i had another M and would be out.

I am only on the computer just to try and get my thoughts out of my head and then goin back to bed! I just have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that when i go in tomorrow that I might be fired, and i just dont want to go through that again! the disappoint all those horrible feelings! Thanks for letting me vent...
hunter46
hunter46

Back to top Go down

Scared i might be fired, AGAIN Empty Re: Scared i might be fired, AGAIN

Post  jwar Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 pm

I am sorry to hear that. Has the Botox been ineffective for you?
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  stephgood Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:57 pm

I know what a horruble feeling that is, BUT you are doing the best you can. If you can't make it to work because of the migraines, there isn't much you can do about that. If, and I am sure you are, you are doing everything you can to help yourself feel better, you have to just do what you can. You can't beat yourself up over losing your job. I can say this, because I have been there. I have lost many a job from this, and I used to feel upset, depressed, and basically loser-ish when I got fired. After a few times, I had to let that go. It wasn't doing me any good to worry and stress over the question of getting fired. You may be thinking, "easy for you to say", but like I said I have been there. It sucks, no doubt, but you don't have any real control over someone firing you, even if you don't have a medical issue.
stephgood
stephgood

Back to top Go down

Post  hunter46 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Jwar....I got the botox last thursday, so i can't so for sure whether or not they are/or will work! i still need to give it time! but i guess it probably didnt help that when i did go in for my botox i had already had a migraine that had been ongoing now for 2 weeks....i am hoping that they will work!

Steph..thanks for you post and for understanding where i am coming from on my concerns! i know i shouldnt worry about it since it has not happened yet...but it is somehting that is in the back of my head. and friends and family just dont understand sometimes that you cant always get up and go to work with a seriously bad migraine.... i can function with 4 or 5 everyday but not when it gets really bad!
hunter46
hunter46

Back to top Go down

Post  carlajo Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi-

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough day and that you had to call in to work today. I hate that feeling of having to call in...my bp rises, I get that feeling in my stomach, Im a little shaky-just thinking about having to call in sick makes me nauseous! lol! Smile

I was fired as well and am still reeling from it, and it was almost 3 years ago. My confidence is shattered and I am completely afraid-terrified actually-to think of having to go thru that again. I am so sorry you had to go thru that and are worried about it again. I understand!

Try not to worry, as that can make the Migraine worse (for me). I know that is easier said than done! Smile

We are here for you!
Remember "Just Breathe"! Smile

carlajo:)

carlajo

Back to top Go down

Post  living Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Hey Hunter,

I'm sorry to hear that you're scared about your job, and in pain all at the same time. We all know that feeling - yuck . ((hugs)) You are doing the best you can do and in fact, you're doing more than the average person can imagine doing. You experience pain all the time and yet you continue to function as best you can. You get up when you feel down, you go to work when mere mortals would be complaining that they couldn't possibly leave their bed. The amount of capacity that you have is extraordinary. Now I know, and you know, that the reality is that even with all that extraordinary effort some employers may not accept the disruptions. However, don't forget for one second the truth of what you accomplish every day which is so far beyond what the people around you manage to accomplish - that is the only reason they can't understand it. The fact that other people fail to appreciate what you do does not negate what you do, it just means that until they suffer a chronic illness their understanding will be slightly delayed. They are like children running around free of the knowledge of what life can really throw at you. We understand and we appreciate your strength. Smile

living

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:48 am

Hunter,

I so know what you are talking about. I too go to work almost everyday with a migraine, I can barely make it through most days. I usually try to hold off till right before lunch to take anything, then I go in our dark room and sleep my lunch just to try to get through the day!

My husband gets so upset with me that I push myself, but I tell him they will fire me if I don't at least try to go!!! (he is right though, it only makes it worse)

I applied for disability, and was denied, so appealed in January, my attorny said it will be at least a year before we get a hearing. She actually had just one a case for a migrainer...

I don't want to have to quit work. I love my job! (finally after so many years of working I actually have one i like!)

I guess I just want you to know I understand, I also had botox a week ago, it helped for a few days, but still getting the migs. Just a little different feeling now. Sad

try to hang in there!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down