migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scared...keep Losing vision in right eye

+5
Brain Pain Mom
alli
theresae
Paradox
Stillhurtin
9 posters

Go down

Scared...keep Losing vision in right eye Empty Scared...keep Losing vision in right eye

Post  Stillhurtin Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:40 am

Ok. The ast two days I gave been having backtk back attacks w partial to full ls in r eye. When it goes fully it only lasts a few mins then sliely returns. Also head in that side feels bigger and eye feels dry. When vision is not lost there ate lots of fuzzy areas. Full lossvof vision fas never happened before sooo scary.

Also pain and pressure at base of skull/ top of neck unbearable. Maybe ER time. Took ergot migranal nasal spray but it can take awholtu dome times.

Typing sux sry. Try ing to correct much as csn. Should hon rest
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Scared...keep Losing vision in right eye Empty Re: Scared...keep Losing vision in right eye

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:29 am

I lost the vision in the right eye on Tuesday. Had to have hubby drive me home.

Plus, I have lazy eye and am right eye dominant so even with my glasses on I can't see a darn thing.

Scary when it happens!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Scared...keep Losing vision in right eye Empty Re: Scared...keep Losing vision in right eye

Post  theresae Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 am

hi there so sorry to here that you are havin such a rotten time, the symptoms you describe are very much the same as mine when i have a full blown M attack, particularly the pain/pressure at base of neck and skull with awful pain in eye with blurring,along with all the other miserable symptoms,

can you try going to a cranial oesteopath that helps ease it for me, and have you considered daily preventatives, i know alot of people have mixed results/views on them but i think we should still all give them a go for ourselves if we can, even if it is to disregard them,

i had another bad spell in aug/sept last year, and gp put me on beta blocker, and it broke the cycle, (which had been 3 weeks with continous M) iam still on it, along with amitriptyline and it has taken the ferocity of the M wawy but not frequency, but it is a vast improvement on how i was b4 hand,

stay strong, take care

theresa
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:42 am

Go to the ER and make sure nothing else is going on. YOur post has me worried.
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Brain Pain Mom Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 am

I agree with Alli. You need to double check and make sure that there is no damage to the optic nerve in case your Ms are spinal fluid pressure related. Have you ever had a spinal tap to check it?
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm ok.

Took meds and lots of sleep. I can feel the beast in there still, but I am alive and alert and can see. Smile

Thanks for your concern!

And I have been on about 900 thousand preventatives, none w/ any success yet (still trying), but thanks for the thought!

This is really frustrating. Hope I don't get fired! Sad
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 pm

I don't know. When I lost vision in both my eyes I went to the hospital scared out of my mind. It was my first migraine ever. They gave me an MRI with contrast that I was allergic to, passed out and woke up looking at tons of doctors all around me.

Never once did they question my eyesight. They attributed it to migraines and never did a spinal tap on me. I'm not saying they did the right thing at all but I am saying that if you go to the ER it may be a waisted trip. It might be more beneficial to speak to your neurologist first.

I'm glad your feeling better Jessica, you had me worried! It always scares me when that happens...I'm very sorry you had to go through that.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:10 pm

The condition Jennifer is referring to is called "Intracranial Hypertension." Vision loss can be a major symptom of IH. Read about it here:

http://www.ihrfoundation.org/intracranial/hypertension/info/C71

And you can read more about IH in general on above website. It is very educational. All migraineurs should be aware of Intracranial Hypertension.

Not everyone who has IH gets vision loss/vision changes.

Going to the ER can be overkill (and expensive). Plus they may have trouble looking at your optic nerves with all the bright lights.

A visit to an eye doctor though, could be helpful. Bring along a printout from the IH Foundation's website and share your concerns. Although not all eye doctors know about IH or believe it exists.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 pm

I would go to your neurologist ASAP. He may order an MRI. Forget the ER. I would do it just to rule anything out. If he doesn't find anything, see your eye doctor. Just good to rule out anything serious with the eye also. It could be the symptom of something serious such as stroke. If anything, it will give you piece of mind.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm

I agree, I would see a Dr. all new symptoms are weird. I know you have been thinking that you may have some gluten issues. There is actually something called Gluten Ataxia that can cause things like blindness and paralysis. It is rare and under diagnosed, but someone close to me actually has it. They were diagnosed with MS for year until they found this and it fit better.

http://www.livingwithout.com/issues/1_11/untreated_gluten_sensitivity-1800-1.html

maybe going gluten free would fix it. Wouldn't that be nice.

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down